Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Do i need WMI or Aux Fuel??

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  NJFocusST 
#1 ·
So when I get back from deployment next month you best believe I'm throwing a lot of money into my FoST (Has less than 3,000 miles). Currently its sitting in my dads shop with a Cpe Lightweight FMIC with MBRP hot and cold side piping, Cobb High Flow CAI, Boomba BOV, Magnaflow 3" catback, and an SCT X4 with a tune from Torrie. I am still deciding on what downpipe to get but I'm for sure getting an ATP GTX2867R with the .64 housing. I'm wanting around 350whp and that's about it. It will still be my DD and I won't be running it down the track or anything (maybe race some scrubs who underestimate the ecoBEAST on the highway) but that's it. Do I really need to get WMI or Aux Fuel if i'll rarely be in the boost that hard? Sorry for the noob question I'm somewhat new to forums!

#2 ·
Sounds like you already threw a bunch of money at it! No idea about an answer for you but just wanted to thank you for your service! Get home safe!

Reactions: ET3Conwell
#3 ·
On good 93 octane u should be able to get right around 350 whp. You'll be pushing the stock fuel system limits though. Tune will be very important. I'd spring for WMI but that just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
What Octane fuel do you have locally? If you have good 93 then you can get there relatively safely.

I just installed the GTX2867R with 0.64 A/R turbine housing and am getting tuned with Stratified. I am also going for around 350whp and am not running auxiliary fuel or WMI. In the future I may look into aux fuel as we have a lot of E85 around here. The turbo is amazing mate, it made a huge difference to the car, I am on about 320whp at the moment (only base revision) and it feels night and day from the stock K03.

If you decide later you want more than 350whp you will need one or the other (or both haha). The top end power the GTX produces is really addictive!

Best of luck.

#10 ·
Efr 6258

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DijonFTW
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.