Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I purchased a MBRP non-catted downpipe with full exhaust, do I need a tune/Accessport? or would I be fine driving it as is but with a o2 spacer for no CEL?

·
Registered
475 Posts
so I purchased a MBRP non-catted downpipe with full exhaust, do I need a tune/Accessport? or would I be fine driving it as is but with a o2 spacer for no CEL?
I would get a tune if you really want to take advantage of the DP. Definitely run the spacer which ever way you go though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I definitely recommend that you get tuned. You'll find that your performance upgrades may actually make your car more sluggish without a tune. I ran an FMIC and turbo back exhaust set up without a tune for a couple weeks and the car absolutely hated it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I definitely recommend that you get tuned. You'll find that your performance upgrades may actually make your car more sluggish without a tune. I ran an FMIC and turbo back exhaust set up without a tune for a couple weeks and the car absolutely hated it.
So i have the regular stage 1 93 on right now with a cpe cai and cpe rmm. I plan to go stage 2 after i install the mishimoto fmic which i ordered yesterday. Should i just use the cobb stage 2 until i get the MBRP DP and exhaust to get a custom tuned stage 3? or i should get a custom tune for stage 2 and a retune for 3? which would be recommended?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
So i have the regular stage 1 93 on right now with a cpe cai and cpe rmm. I plan to go stage 2 after i install the mishimoto fmic which i ordered yesterday. Should i just use the cobb stage 2 until i get the MBRP DP and exhaust to get a custom tuned stage 3? or i should get a custom tune for stage 2 and a retune for 3? which would be recommended?
the biggest deciding factor for me would be with who you are going to go with for your tuning. if they offer free adjustments later if you get more upgrades, then I really wouldn't wait. get it now and then have them make the adjustments as needed.

however if like me, I just got tuned from Strat back in summer and went "stage 2" around thanksgiving. but because of the price to make adjustments(when I have a lot of options, its no where near the $25 that everyone says...), I'm holding off on getting a tune adjustment until after I get my DP and other parts on (I've had them for a while but its just too damn cold to work on the car) plus I want to wait until its a little warmer so I can get some good data logs since it crap right now and I cant get traction for crap.

·
Registered
147 Posts
the biggest deciding factor for me would be with who you are going to go with for your tuning. if they offer free adjustments later if you get more upgrades, then I really wouldn't wait. get it now and then have them make the adjustments as needed.

however if like me, I just got tuned from Strat back in summer and went "stage 2" around thanksgiving. but because of the price to make adjustments(when I have a lot of options, its no where near the $25 that everyone says...), I'm holding off on getting a tune adjustment until after I get my DP and other parts on (I've had them for a while but its just too damn cold to work on the car) plus I want to wait until its a little warmer so I can get some good data logs since it crap right now and I cant get traction for crap.
Same boat basically for me, I'm running a stage 2 build plus a velossa ram intake, WGA tightened to 8lbs as well as one step colder plugs. My turbo back exhaust will have to wait a while so I took advantage of my 1 free custom tune while I wait a year or so. The tune made a massive difference, well worth it if you have done a ton of stuff to the car and at a good stopping point; not so much if you're doing individual upgrades.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts