Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2018 ST3 Shadow Black STK for now...
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided the spoiler on the ST needed some more rise, and a more aggressive look. So I found the DIY Wing Riser thread and sourced my parts.

Before:
Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Sky Automotive lighting

Sky Water Wood Asphalt Road surface

I used some trim push pins + electrical tape to cover up the unused holes for now.

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

extra pic of the ST with out the wing, because I thought it looks goofy 馃馃
Wheel Tire Sky Automotive tail & brake light Car

I couldn't find the small fibre/rubber washers so I ended up using the bigger ones, which I think might actually be better for sealing the hole and reducing vibrations.
Hand Wheel Blue Automotive tire Tire

Then it was back on with the wing, I used 2 - 1/2" spacers with M6x40mm bolts (x3) ( I needed a bit more length because of the thicker washers) for 1" of lift, and I gotta say I love the look. I also took this time to swap out the old clear 3rd brake light for a Fiesta red one!
Sky Building Automotive tire Composite material Tints and shades

Sky Hood Vehicle Light Automotive lighting

Sky Building Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Sky Hood Car Building Window

This was actually a fun little project! and can't beat the price! After install Im thinking of adding some spacers and longer screws to the "unused" holes just to get rid of some shake and make it a little more stable. All in all though I'm quite happy with it!

Registered
Love the pic w/o the spoiler, it really does look doofus without it. Did you put the antenna backwards or did you get the car that way? I want to do the rise mod but I'm saving up for the Delta Styling wing riser.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love the pic w/o the spoiler, it really does look doofus without it. Did you put the antenna backwards or did you get the car that way? I want to do the rise mod but I'm saving up for the Delta Styling wing riser.
No the antenna isn't on backwards hahaha, I just unscrewed it while I was doing the job. I saw that DeltaStyling one, really nice and clean. Maybe in the future I'll swap to that one because it does look really good and gets rid of the panel gap.

Registered
2017 ST
The JBR kit was legit I got it in black an came with the same color stickers as my car to cover the holes so it looks flush. Your looks good tho after I went to 3 different Home Depot鈥檚 I gave up haha

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The JBR kit was legit I got it in black an came with the same color stickers as my car to cover the holes so it looks flush. Your looks good tho after I went to 3 different Home Depot鈥檚 I gave up haha
I was kinda lucky, I managed to source most of my parts right from work, most of them were in an old excess hardware bin too haha. All I had to find was the rubber washers, I'm happy with it so far and its almost been a week

1 - 5 of 5 Posts