Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just can't justify the $140-$175 they are charging for the intake scoop. Actually for $199 you can get the scoop and a K&N filter but it's still way over priced imo. It literally looks like a $30 to $50 part and it probably cost 99¢ in bulk from China. Pretty sure it can be made from some plastic duct then seal the seams. Anyone make their own yet or any ideas? The one below is $139. Really?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I made mine ?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure why it added a "?" to the end...

Reactions: Mjf101471

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't have a thread, but I should make one. I guess the short version is I designed and fabricated a prototype out of metal then brought it to a guy I know that does rapid prototyping and had him put together a CAD drawing. I then had it 3D printed in three sections and glued it together. After that I applied fiberglass resin, bondo, primer, and performance blue paint. It was a little time consuming but I like projects. In the end it cost me about $50 total and in my opinion is better looking than any of the other products on the market.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Premium Member
13,973 Posts
I don't have a thread, but I should make one. I guess the short version is I designed and fabricated a prototype out of metal then brought it to a guy I know that does rapid prototyping and had him put together a CAD drawing. I then had it 3D printed in three sections and glued it together. After that I applied fiberglass resin, bondo, primer, and performance blue paint. It was a little time consuming but I like projects. In the end it cost me about $50 total and in my opinion is better looking than any of the other products on the market.
I'd buy one if it would fit with my Beek's deepdish grill. I think I've talked to you on facebook before about this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry for the dirty car pic but it's the only one I can find in my phone lol

Attachments

Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Registered
14 Posts
And another one

Attachments

Reactions: UnfocusedST