Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for a front splitter/lip for my ‘16 FOST. Not at all trying to pay hundreds of dollars for one so I’m thinking of buying a sheet of aluminum, cutting it, painting it black, and popping it on the car. Has anyone done this/plans on doing it? Any tips or advice? Should I even do this or will it look too tacky? Lemme know!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I’m looking for a front splitter/lip for my ‘16 FOST. Not at all trying to pay hundreds of dollars for one so I’m thinking of buying a sheet of aluminum, cutting it, painting it black, and popping it on the car. Has anyone done this/plans on doing it? Any tips or advice? Should I even do this or will it look too tacky? Lemme know!
I'm sure it's been done, I've seen it posted before. Try googling "site:focusst.org DIY splitter" and see if anything comes up. As far as tacky, that's totally personal preference. One person on here will say yes and the next will say no, don't expect a proper answer there.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Tacky or not totally depends on how it looks when finished, no matter who made it or how they made it. I personally like less aggressive and think the big old splitters look tacky, but some people love the way the look. Do what you want man. If you don't like it, you're out a few bucks but at least you attempted it and can take what you learned from this project and apply it later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts