Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent all morning trying to get the low pressure fuel line off where it meets the High Pressure Fuel Pump. I'm still stuck on this. What in the name of god do I need to use to get this thing off? I've yet to find any youtube vids or anything else that shows how to take these specific ones off. Here's a picture of from the HPFP thread in this section that already had their's off. But I'm not sure what they used for a tool or how they did it.

I just went and purchased a tool for taking off Ford quick fuel line connectors - it slides up in between the two components. But this didn't do anything except get wedged in between the two super tight and was almost impossible to get back out.

Here is an example of the connector I'm trying to get off.
hpfp hose to fuel hardline 002.JPG

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Fuel line disconnect tool. Basically it's a collar that wraps around the line. It has a piece which slides into the connector that spreads the fingers inside the connector apart while you separate the line. You can buy a set from any auto parts store.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I don't think so. That works for the High Pressure lines, but this connector needs to have those two little nubs pushed in - unlike the other connectors that you spread out. My buddy that's a tech says I need this.

FullSizeR.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Registered
5,568 Posts

·
Registered
3,616 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Also make sure you pull the fuse for the pump and run the car to relieve the pressure, it will come off easier and with less spray on you....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got it done. Amazing how many people tried to convince me I didn't need these over the last couple weeks! lol

** When using them, make sure to first push the connection all the way in first and THEN squeeze the pliers and pull backwards - only then will it work

20170529_184736.jpg

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Sorry to revive this thread but I got these pliers. Got the one connector off. The one in the back just won't come out. Any tips?

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Finally, what a pos. I had to spin the line 360 degrees to reset it and grind down the Pos pliers to fit in the holes. I absolutely hate fuel lines.

Reactions: Unfitproduct
1 - 15 of 15 Posts