Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My diode Fog light bulb went out, so I decided to replace it with my kensun led i had laying around from a previous vehical. The kensun is much brighter. The DD is 3000k and i have yellow tint on my fogs, so thats why its a deep yellow. The kensun is 6000k and I removed the fog light tint. The kensun has 6 smaller leds ( 3 on each side) and the DD has 2 big ones (1 on each side)
What do you preffer, a deep yellow look, is 6000k white look. I removed the tint, and I have to upgrade my headlights.

EDIT:
I installed them and removed the tint from fog lights, and these leds are crazy bright. Scroll down, i posted more pictures. But these fog lights, light up trees. My friend said they arent blinding too but its my head lights. Auxbeam h11 with build in canbus. They were plug and play but their aimed like hell. I aimed them all the way down and it seemed to solve that problem and still give me plenty light. I may aim them back up and tint my head lights a smoked shade. But thats when I have money again haha. Heres links of everything i bought.

HEADLIGHTS: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KYZU604/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
If you have problems with them then use these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0LFZ4O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
FOG LIGHT: https://www.amazon.com/Kensun-Headl...85&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=kensun+h11+led&psc=1

The kensun leds are the wrong polarity, what I did was cut off the center tab inside the connector of the led to allow me to plug it in the other way,
IMG_20170116_231256.jpg IMG_20170117_141803.jpg

IMG_20170117_182351.jpg IMG_20170117_191642.jpg IMG_20170117_191650.jpg IMG_20170117_195423.jpg IMG_20170117_232126.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
which ever is on the left of the pictures, passenger side of the car.

Reactions: DailyDriver

·
Registered
135 Posts
If its just for whatever, wither color should be fine.... but if you'll really use it for fog, yellow will work better than white as yellow doesn't reflect as much as white.... that being said, yellow light penetrates the fog better so that incoming traffic and cross traffic will be more aware of other cars on their surrounding....

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
As far as looks go I like the lighter yellow, it also seems a good bit brighter. As far as performance, yellow is always better for fogs if you actually use them when it's foggy, like mmlehcim said.

·
Registered
613 Posts
should i stay yellow or go white
With white fogs my OCD often kicks in when the white fogs/leds don't match the color/temp of the headlights. I have ST3 so its standard 4300k HIDs or whatever- most LED fog light bulbs are too "blue" to match well IMO. I kinda go back and forth but right now I am running heon yellow halogen fogs. Actual lighting performance wise, LEDs in there never do that well because the housing is designed for a halogen bulb-- so I just go for looks personally.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Where did you purchase the kensun led if you dont mind me asking?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Kensun-Headl...80&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=Kensun+h11+led&psc=1

Also I just bought Led headlights too, and for me they were plug and play no errors on a 16' ST1.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KYZU604/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you do get issues then
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0LFZ4O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This harness will fix for the headlights. Should have no issues with fog lights.

The kensun leds are the wrong polarity, what I did was cut off the center tab inside the connector of the led to allow me to plug it in the other way,

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With white fogs my OCD often kicks in when the white fogs/leds don't match the color/temp of the headlights. I have ST3 so its standard 4300k HIDs or whatever- most LED fog light bulbs are too "blue" to match well IMO. I kinda go back and forth but right now I am running heon yellow halogen fogs. Actual lighting performance wise, LEDs in there never do that well because the housing is designed for a halogen bulb-- so I just go for looks personally.

I just Installed the led headlights. Their GREAT but then heres the main issue. Leds in a halogen housing. My friend told me to get my butt from behind him because it was way to bright and i got flashed. I installed them and they were pointed sky high. I ended up adjusting them to go almost all the way low and its much better and still have crazy light output. At first they made the high beams useless. Also My led fog lights with the kensuns lights up the side of the road very very well. and the light goes up to maybe a but more than halfway up a tree. Like a 3 story tall tree or 2 story. The one idea i have is just to tint them so it dims the light. I did that in my old car and it worked really well. I know nissan in their 2000s+ maxima they had hids in a halogen housing stock, and they aimed it all the way down.
IMG_20170117_182351.jpg IMG_20170117_191642.jpg IMG_20170117_191650.jpg IMG_20170117_195423.jpg IMG_20170117_232126.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If its just for whatever, wither color should be fine.... but if you'll really use it for fog, yellow will work better than white as yellow doesn't reflect as much as white.... that being said, yellow light penetrates the fog better so that incoming traffic and cross traffic will be more aware of other cars on their surrounding....
Fog isnt crazy here. But being visiable to other people is a huge plus of yellow. I may go back to yellow fogs but im enjoying these right now.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Fog isnt crazy here. But being visiable to other people is a huge plus of yellow. I may go back to yellow fogs but im enjoying these right now.
I personally LOVE the look and performance of yellow fog lights. Especially with performance blue and MM Focus ST's.

btw, off topic. Is your status "OH BILLY" a Do It With Dan reference?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would like to try the LED headlights too but I'd feel like an asshole blinding everyone. I wonder if there's a solution to install a cutoff somewhere on our headlight housings.

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
I would like to try the LED headlights too but I'd feel like an asshole blinding everyone. I wonder if there's a solution to install a cutoff somewhere on our headlight housings.
Projector retrofit is a pretty popular option.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts