Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've seen the non leather Recaro seats in black/blue, yellow, red and what not.

How do you get this choice when getting a new car? Is it possible to get the metallic grey with red insert non leather Recaro seats?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Those Recaros come in the ST2 package, they are partial leather. I believe the color inserts on the seat are directly related the exterior color of the car. The ST1 has the cloth, the ST3 has full leather.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Those Recaros come in the ST2 package, they are partial leather.
This part is correct. If you want the partial leather Recaros with the colored inserts, you must get the ST2 package (or swap seats with someone). ST1 comes with cloth seats and ST3 comes with full leather Recaros (all black).

I believe the color inserts on the seat are directly related the exterior color of the car.
This part is not quite true. If you were to build your car on Ford's website, you can choose the color of the inserts on the ST2 package between Smoke Storm (grey), Tangerine Scream, and Performance Blue. These are the only three colors they have and they are not directly linked to the color of the car you choose (but if you do choose a matching exterior color, it does look better that way).

·
Registered
244 Posts
This part is correct. If you want the partial leather Recaros with the colored inserts, you must get the ST2 package (or swap seats with someone). ST1 comes with cloth seats and ST3 comes with full leather Recaros (all black).

This part is not quite true. If you were to build your car on Ford's website, you can choose the color of the inserts on the ST2 package between Smoke Storm (grey), Tangerine Scream, and Performance Blue. These are the only three colors they have and they are not directly linked to the color of the car you choose (but if you do choose a matching exterior color, it does look better that way).
Okay thanks for clearing that up! Wasn't Race Red available at some point too?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Okay thanks for clearing that up! Wasn't Race Red available at some point too?
I thought so as well, but that might have been during the 2015 MY or previous. For 2016 only the 3 colors above were available. For 2017 I think they might only have Smoke Storm...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ill keep my ST3 Recaros personally. I think they look better and less ricer/ tuner car then the inserts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is no part that lets you pick the color of the inserts.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
The molten orange fiesta st recaros look real close to red, Makes me really want some race red ones. U.K gets all the cool options.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I ordered my 2016 ST2 when I was stationed in Korea. I knew I wanted white exterior so I picked smoke interior. I could have picked blue or orange but I didn't think any of those colors would have made sense with a white exterior. I did however want red, but that wasn't an option.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts