Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you experienced a big difference between running in Sport mode versus running in Track mode?

Just curious as I just took delivery of my ST a few days ago and have yet tried the Track mode...

Thanks in advance for any responses...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Have any of you experienced a big difference between running in Sport mode versus running in Track mode?

Just curious as I just took delivery of my ST a few days ago and have yet tried the Track mode...

Thanks in advance for any responses...
Sport mode allows more tire spin and slippage. Leaves some nannies on. Track turns it all off. Just the car and the driver are in control.

Reactions: Ricky STeamboat

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sport turn off traction control and stability control is more forgiving. Track mode keeps only the torque vectoring. Sport mode is enough for track days when walls are everywhere ?

·
Registered
988 Posts
I use Sport mode when I auto-x. It gives the rear end some slide without too much oversteer. Tried one lap with everything off and I was all over the place. My skills aren't there yet for everything to be off quite yet. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
I often turn mine to "Track mode" and use the Stratified traction control via my AP3. If the roads are wet I just leave it in normal ST mode.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I nearly always turn the traction control completely off every time I drive. I did the same thing with my Fiesta ST. If its raining I may just put it in sport mode. I prefer to be in control myself and am used to driving cars at the limit, on track, without traction control or even ABS. If you're not used to driving like this I would put it in sport and use track mode on real nice days to work on getting used to it. The best bet is to do some track weekends and turn the stuff off if you're at a track with some run off room.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Thanks, Jamie...which one do you prefer if you mode out of 'normal'?
I personally leave it in normal mode. But if I wanted more fun and less rubber then sport mode it is. That way you still have the stability control, but less. And you can roast the tires.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
From what I remember at the St academy they left it in Normal for all drives including instructor hot laps. The focus's nanny isn't nearly as aggressive as ppl think it is.
Disagree. Leaving in normal mode on track roasts the brakes in very little time.

I have heard track mode called "God mode" by a local guy, so use sparingly. It turns off electronic stability control, which keeps your car from 360 spins and rolling over at high speeds--use at your own peril. I have used both Sport and Race mode at the track and didn't really feel a lot of difference, so I leave it in Sport so it saves me from spinning if I'm a complete hoon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts