Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deciding if I want to purchase a 2013 or put down a little more money for a 2016+. What are all the exterior, interior and performance differences? Thank you. Front bumper more aggressive on 2016 cars?

·
Registered
727 Posts
The engines & clutches are all the same. The body refresh was in the ‘15-‘18’s. The infotainment is better on the ‘16-‘18’s. There are also different color options depending on the years. For instance, no ingot silver on the ‘15-‘18’s. The newer cars will also have more warranty left.

It really just depends on how much you’re looking to spend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
for 2015+, front/rear bumpers changed including hood/headlights/tail-lights, bigger front rotors, stiffer suspension, e-focus RMM, addition of a sensor on the valve-cover-to-intake vent, cupholder and e-brake configuration, and there was an alleged-by-some change to the steering ratio after 2015.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Deciding if I want to purchase a 2013 or put down a little more money for a 2016+. What are all the exterior, interior and performance differences? Thank you. Front bumper more aggressive on 2016 cars?
It all depends on your taste. I personally think the exterior on the 2015+ looks more aggressive and I like the rear styling a lil more.
Here's a real world pic of my 2016 with a pre facelift a few down from it.
20200426_141421.jpg

Also. Cj pony's article does not have the interior center stack correct.
My 2016 still has the sony piano black screen surround. Same as the 2013 and 14 st's with the exception of it being sync 3 instead of my ford touch also with the 2016 st3 you get carbon fiber goodies🙃
2016-ford-focus-st-dashboard-carbuzz-474079.jpg

·
Registered
728 Posts
IIRC, there were also some slight differences in the interior at the end of the production run in 2018. The late cars had some interior lighting omitted, (the ambient lighting in the center console and the doors) and also the trunk lighting was diminished.

·
Registered
893 Posts
IIRC, there were also some slight differences in the interior at the end of the production run in 2018. The late cars had some interior lighting omitted, (the ambient lighting in the center console and the doors) and also the trunk lighting was diminished.
Dropped one horn also...…:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
for 2015+, front/rear bumpers changed including hood/headlights/tail-lights, bigger front rotors, stiffer suspension, e-focus RMM, addition of a sensor on the valve-cover-to-intake vent, cupholder and e-brake configuration, and there was an alleged-by-some change to the steering ratio after 2015.
What changes were made to the steering ratio? One of my favorite features of my 2013 is the tight ratio. Specifically, it's 1.8 turns lock-to-lock; the 2013 Focus Titanium is 2.8 turns, and I can really feel the difference. When navigating curves on the freeway, I hardly move the steering wheel at all.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a late (February) 2018 ST3 and I don't seem to have ambient lighting on the doors and no button to change the colors.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My ‘17 doesn’t have a button to change ambient lighting colors. You can change in the infotainment, under the heading ‘ambient’

1 - 11 of 11 Posts