Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Is certain things one software can do that the other cant?

Any advantages for SCT over Cobb?
As much as I love Torrie at unleashed, the sct is horrible compared to the cobb accessport. I am directly comparing the sct livewire plus, to the AP3. My experiences between the two, have left me in shock. At how terrible the livewire plus is. It can't read a 64th of the parameters, set-up sucks, gauge layout sucks, it's slow, and not nearly as plug and play. I see no reason, besides using Torrie, to ever consider a SCT device. They are so behind the times it's crazy. Their user software leaves no options for the the user, you need a tech to do anything. It's madness. It feels like it's made for a mentally handicapped adult. The software I'm saying. Horrible. lets the end user do nothing, and forces you to have a tech support guy remotely control it. Their tech guys are on point, but you shouldn't need them.

I would never recommend SCT over Cobb. Specific tuners, yes, but the battle of the devices, Cobb won a real long time ago.

If you have cobb support on your platform, you have the pinnacle of tuning devices, you would be a complete fool to use anything else.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
I put together my thoughts on how the AP3 stacks up against the X4 a couple of years ago over here. As best as I've seen virtually nothing in my comments from 3+ years ago has changed or gotten any better with SCT.

https://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-discussions/44004-tuning-device-3.html#post974095

TLDR; AP3 blows the pants off the X4 in virtually every single category that matters. I'd happily overpay for a beat-up used AP3 10 times out of 10 before I bought a brand new X4 for 50% off even once.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I know not the right vehicle but what do you have for the Edge ST?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts