Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of changing out my DP and was having a really hard time removing the front O2 sensor from the OEM DP. By the time I finally got it off, it looked like this, like the threads melted together. 20160624_110417.jpg

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Mine did the same thing. Was crazy to get it off and the threads stripped. I straightened then the best I could, but seeing the DP is staying on the car even when I sell it I wasn't too worried and put it on the new DP.

·
1,976 Posts
I can say I have never see that before, wow! Mine were snug, placed the dp in a table vice and removed them with a slight amount of pressure via o2 sensor socket.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Did you have the proper tools to remove it like a 02 sensor socket or wrench? Or were you just using a 7/8 open end wrench because it looks like you jacked up the hex portion of the sensor as well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used an O2 socket to get it out using a ratchet wrench for a little while before I gave up. I then used a straight O2 socket with an impact wrench. Even that took a while. Nothing salvageable from the OEM DP. There were actually a few threads left on the sensor and it was able to thread into the new DP.

Any idea what would cause this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts