·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The dealer is offering:

Electronic rustproofing: $799

Extended 6 year warranty: $2600

Maintenance plan: $2470

Did you guys buy any of those options? I've never even hard of electronic rustproofing and I don't know if it works

Canadian prices btw

·
Registered
86 Posts
The dealer is offering:

Did you guys buy any of those options? I've never even hard of electronic rustproofing and I don't know if it works
I did a 5yr/100,000k warranty for $1695 and a 5 yr tire/wheel warranty for $495.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
The dealer is offering:

Yikes!!! Run away!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did a 5yr/100,000k warranty for $1695 and a 5 yr tire/wheel warranty for $495.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yeah I'm probably just gonna get the extended warranty, nothing else. Looks like electronic rustproofing is garbage anyway from what my research tells me.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Yeah I'm probably just gonna get the extended warranty, nothing else. Looks like electronic rustproofing is garbage anyway from what my research tells me.
Good call, if you get the extended warranty though remember that mods make it just as pointless as the factory one should you tune it and pop a motor, but that said I still have an extended warranty myself. The only one that's worth it. Your car will rust, that's inevitable. You'll see rust on the cast iron parts under it almost immediately, but it doesn't hurt the car and those parts will take dozens of years to rust through. The only thing that can rust and actually affect you is body panels due to poor paint maintenance or paint defects. Or suspension.

The maintenance plan won't be used to that extent to be worth it. Like really...over 2k in maintenance? All that would include it what? Fluid changes? That's like 50 oil changes lol. Tire rotation and stuff is like a 10 minute job to do yourself. Ditch it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The maintenance plan won't be used to that extent to be worth it. Like really...over 2k in maintenance? All that would include it what? Fluid changes? That's like 50 oil changes lol. Tire rotation and stuff is like a 10 minute job to do yourself. Ditch it.

The dealer said the maintenance plan includes all fluid changes, new brakes every year (is that even necessary?) and 2x tire changes per year. Here in Quebec winter tires are mandatory during winter so the tire changes are useful but still wouldn't cost me $2.4k over two years. Thx for the input

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
The dealer said the maintenance plan includes all fluid changes, new brakes every year (is that even necessary?) and 2x tire changes per year. Here in Quebec winter tires are mandatory during winter so the tire changes are useful but still wouldn't cost me $2.4k over two years. Thx for the input
Fluids would never add up to that much

Our brake pads literally last like 160,000 KM (converted it for you since our medieval units here suck) so no it isn't necessary

Tire changes are cool, but I'd rather just get a 2nd winter set of wheels to mount my winter set of tires on (this is what I do personally) and I can just swap them as needed and if my winter wheels get messed up from winter driving it doesn't bother me since they are cheap.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fluids would never add up to that much

Our brake pads literally last like 160,000 KM (converted it for you since our medieval units here suck) so no it isn't necessary

Tire changes are cool, but I'd rather just get a 2nd winter set of wheels to mount my winter set of tires on (this is what I do personally) and I can just swap them as needed and if my winter wheels get messed up from winter driving it doesn't bother me since they are cheap.
Yeah I already negotiated in free winter tires and wheels with this purchase. Since they're mandatory in Quebec, pretty much every dealer is willing to give them to you if you sign on the dotted line. It boggles my mind how the salesguy was able to make the maintenance plan sound like such a great deal when it reality it's a total ripoff.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Yeah I already negotiated in free winter tires and wheels with this purchase. Since they're mandatory in Quebec, pretty much every dealer is willing to give them to you if you sign on the dotted line. It boggles my mind how the salesguy was able to make the maintenance plan sound like such a great deal when it reality it's a total ripoff.
Since you succumb to harsh conditions I want to second my notion above to make them throw in 2 free tubes of touch up paint with the sale. It's a hassle to get any if you don't get it from the dealer, it's a cheap and easy way to get 2 bottles from the stingy dealer without worrying about buying it yourself for when you need it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since you succumb to harsh conditions I want to second my notion above to make them throw in 2 free tubes of touch up paint with the sale. It's a hassle to get any if you don't get it from the dealer, it's a cheap and easy way to get 2 bottles from the stingy dealer without worrying about buying it yourself for when you need it.
Good idea

·
Registered
57 Posts
Try to get 3m clear bra thrown in too, in quebeckiztan its REALLY needed, specially because they love their salt that will pepper ton voiture.

Bonne chance avec le ST, c'est un bon vehicule mon ami!

·
Registered
216 Posts
No rust down here in the south to worry about, so the electronic rust free shock treatment wasn't offered. I did get an extended warranty for $1995 and the maintenance plan for $795. Maintenance started out at $1995 as well. I'm very leery of the maintenance plan, as I can see them reject any request other than the oil changes. I'm sure they will find some way to weasel out of the majority of it. I went over the plan with the finance guy for 10 minutes as I didn't believe what he was telling me and kept trying to find the "catch". He assured me they will honor it as long as its not clearly from abuse...I asked him to define abuse. We were on the same page and he told me that's how the service manager see' it as well. He even told me they would cover the brakes if I was doing auto-X/Track days. I'm still very skeptical.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The Ford extended warranty plans are negotiable, DON'T buy it from the selling dealer as it will be overpriced. Do a little searching online and you will find Ford dealers selling the official Ford plan for a lot less than the list price. You have 3 years to make the purchase, or until you reach the mileage limit of the orig. warranty. No need to rush that decision.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No need to hurry upon purchasing some staff for rust proofing or any maintenance with high value...I'm not spending a lot doing such things for my car, I've tried harder research any ideas for better maintenance and rust proofing without any high expenses....... 😉👍

1 - 14 of 14 Posts