Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
12,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
A product like the delete plate is hard not to copy one design. There are only so many ways to do it. Kinda like a down pipe. There up to now were three different shift arms. Breedt, Mountune and JBR. All three had different designs.
Dont forget the TWM arm, lol.

Jbr ftw btw.

·
Registered
148 Posts
So everyone is bent out of shape that TS "stole" Breedts design for this but no one cares about how Boomba and Steeda have very similar products as well? Forgive me but isn't TS a US based company as well? At Least they say so on their website.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
So everyone is bent out of shape that TS "stole" Breedts design for this but no one cares about how Boomba and Steeda have very similar products as well? Forgive me but isn't TS a US based company as well? At Least they say so on their website.
Steeda stole CP-E's intercooler...so....lol....

·
Registered
148 Posts
How do we know that beyond a shadow of a doubt that Breedt didn't license out their design. Like actual proof. Not just complaining?

·
Registered
440 Posts
How do we know that beyond a shadow of a doubt that Breedt didn't license out their design. Like actual proof. Not just complaining?
I'm not bent out of shape. Just stated an observation. You seem a little aggressive and trying to justify your torque solutions purchase. It is your car and I hope it works good for you.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
12,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Nope, I could contact them. I was just appalled at the image, and have stated in all my posts a neutral disclaimer if Breedt was actually involved with this.

To be honest, I just hate seeing the small shop visionary get their work stolen. I like supporting proper small business. American made innovative products that some guy had a dream, and made it happen. Potentially having it be stolen by a larger company is both the american way, and a douche move. So take it for whatever.

Everyone forgot to bring up the most famous and popular stolen design...

THE DEPO BEAST 5.5" , a CP-E rip-off.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm not bent out of shape. Just stated an observation. You seem a little aggressive and trying to justify your torque solutions purchase. It is your car and I hope it works good for you.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Not trying to justify it. Looking for proof before we pick up our pitchforks and get mad at a company that doesn't deserve the hate. Many popular brands license out their products to make extra money.

·
Administrator
12,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Not trying to justify it. Looking for proof before we pick up our pitchforks and get mad at a company that doesn't deserve the hate. Many popular brands license out their products to make extra money.
I'm with you 100 percent. Proof before the lynch mob. Maybe I will drop them an email, maybe both companies and see what they have to say. Or someone else with more free time can do it for me, lol. Working 21 days straight with OT, bit rough these days for me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This is true x100000. There are so many direct knock-offs of our parts online and legally there is pretty much nothing to do about it. However it also doesn't make sense to patent something if the sales from it will never outweigh the patent cost.
My good friend owns his own business-Raptor Racing- and he makes custom parts for mark 2 Supras because its not a big enough market for any big companies to make any profit. So he had custom exhausts and down pipes made, in Canada, and within 6 months there were Chinese knock-offs of his design on eBay. Unfortunately you cant win in that situation.

·
Administrator
12,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
My good friend owns his own business-Raptor Racing- and he makes custom parts for mark 2 Supras because its not a big enough market for any big companies to make any profit. So he had custom exhausts and down pipes made, in Canada, and within 6 months there were Chinese knock-offs of his design on eBay. Unfortunately you cant win in that situation.
Well hopefully he has superior quality, normally that's where you see the difference.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
He does but most people will buy the one thats half the price
In most cases people get what they deserve. And their product will last half as long if that, and they end up buying things multiple times. On the other hand I don't want to give people **** who can't afford to buy all the top dollar stuff because that's not really fair either. There is a large portion of people however who know it's a knock-off, know that there was no permission, and don't care, because it made their life a little easier. These people probably don't show respect for a lot of things they should in life.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts