1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sooooooo. Where to begin? I've owned my Focus ST since July 4th of 2015. I quickly added as many bolt one as I could and started messing with the OTS tunes that were available. Come November I started thinking to myself what could I do to go faster. I purchased a used 2867 turbo and was looking for a tuner who could make me some power. A buddy of mine who was huge into the Fiesta market had recommended a company called Deadhook. I thought to myself, cool name let's give it a look. That day I emailed Russ and started chatting with him about his protunes. I purchased a tune from him and after a few revisions the car had a noticeable improvement on the new turbo. I continued talking to Russ about different ideas to make my car even faster as I still was not satisfied with its power. We started discussing options like auxiliary fueling and water meth etc. ended up purchasing my aux fuel kit through Russ as well. I hired Russ to take a day of his time and tune my car to perfection with the aux fuel. Around that time we also started talking about the future. What could I do to set my FoST apart from everyone else. So began our project. Russell and I had several conversations about my goals. What did I want. I blurted off several ideas, all of which he would have done if he was just in it for the money, but in return some of it he told me not to waste my money on. The horsepower to cost ration was not worth it. I ended up ordering my built motor through Deadhook in December and started watching its progress. Russ sent me pics, videos, texts and called me along the way. I built a trust with him to where if he told me I needed something there were no questions asked just do it. My engine was ready in late January and since Russ was planning a vacation to Florida, he offered to go out of his way and hand deliver my new engine to me. What service I thought. Any builder could charge for shipping but he hooked up a trailer to his car and brought me my beast. After installation all break in and tuning instructions were provided. He would FaceTime in with me when I needed assistance and really helped me along the way. Because of this service and trust we went on to break the horsepower and quarter mile records for the ST. All along the way he always steered me in the right direction. All companies have their fanboys (you know the ones who buy a 200.00 tune and think their car is the fastest thing on earth). I am not a fanboy. I put all my trust and confidence in Deadhook Motorsports when it comes to my build and tuning. I will finish with this. If you want knowledge, experience, straight shooting and your best interest in mind, there is no where else to look but to Russell Culver. Remember anyone can build and sell a cheap inferior product. Sometimes you pay a little bit more for the total experience. It's not the sale but what happens after the sale that matters most. Kudos to Deadhook Motorsports.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There's so many great things to be said about Deadhook. Russell is a master with the Ecoboost platform and he has many ways of proving it. There's a ton of good tuners but Russell separates himself from the rest. I've been in contact with Russell for several months now and he is always here when I need him. I've been tuned by him for a while now and I have nothing but great things to say. I've bought many parts from the Deadhook website and I get my order quickly. Their quality is top notch on all their custom parts. Before I ordered my RS I planned on doing a full engine build on my ST and the only people I would let do it is Deadhook. Even when I get rid of my ST and get my RS, Russell will still be my tuner and no one else. I'd recommend them to everybody for any of your car needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to thank Russell from dead hook. He always there to answer any questions I have with my car. He tuned my car and its been running very good. We had a local dyno day and ended up taking 4th overall for the stock turbo car. If anyone is looking for a great tuner I would recommend him.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
I purchased a E30 tune from Deadhook and am amazed in how the car performs now. Russ knows what he is doing and the customer service he provides is top notch. Deadhook is the second company to tune my car and my first tune was done by a pretty big name in the focus world and when I was having problems and the tuner wouldn't answer Russ stepped in and help me out. That is a rare occurrence in today's world. But the way the car drives now is outstanding compared to before and I would recommend Russ and the Deadhook Team to anybody!
IMG_4170.JPG
deadhook startup.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Deadhook motor sports e30 review

After having the tune for about a week; I must say that this thing is out of this world. Russell hooked me up with a street tune, and it is awesome. I am full stage 3 and just had a cobb off the shelf tune before this. The throttle response on the deadhook tune is so much better and linear. Not only do I get wayyyyyyyy better performance but the drivability of the car is way better and smoother. Russell took the time to install the pops and crackles that we all love and it is absolutely amazing. I can't find one negative statement about the tune or deadhooks amazing customer service and shop. If you don't have a deadhook tune your doing it wrong lol ?.

·
Registered
808 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Getting my 2013 ST3 Put together with full stage 3 and e30 tunes this week by DeadHook.
So far the customer service I've received is great. Russ texts or calls me to answer any questions i may have, and i have alot of them. Talking his ear off and still find times to calm any concerns or answer any questions i may have.

Look for my post Friday when i get the car back!.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've been waited up to 3 and a half weeks for a revision. It's been 14 days since i last heard anything from these guys. Are they still in town?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've been waited up to 3 and a half weeks for a revision. It's been 14 days since i last heard anything from these guys. Are they still in town?
Send another email. I've had mine get buried in there inbox, and sent another one and got a response the same week. They are a very busy operation but well worth the wait.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Send another email. I've had mine get buried in there inbox, and sent another one and got a response the same week. They are a very busy operation but well worth the wait.
I e mailed them a week ago going on a little over 3 weeks. The bumper business must be boomin

Sent from my iP

·
Registered
279 Posts
Going on over a month since I sent logs in for review no response to e mails no one answers the phone these guys still around? Ended up going with another tuner

Sent from my iP

·
Registered
8 Posts
Stage 3!!!! Finally got there and thanks a ton to the team over at Dead Hook Motorsports for all of their help! Russell worked his magic on the dyno and put a wicked tune into the brain of my 16 ST3! The below is his tune over the COBB OTS stage 3 93 octane tune...BOOM! So pumped and pretty much the best day ever! Dead Hook and Russell were the best from start to finish while I asked a ton of questions and their recommendations helped create the most fun car I have ever owned. High-fives to the team all day:)

14463087_1790753004503360_7643752725032348337_n.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
2016 focus st, "stage 3" I have Deadhooks stage 3 93 octane tune and I love it. I was tuned by Mountune before DHM and DHM is much better in my opinion. It took about 2 weeks and 7 or 8 revisions to get it completely dialed in. Power is smooth and strong and my mpgs went up! Response time was pretty good, they never took longer than 3 days to email me back. I recommend them to everyone

·
Registered
279 Posts
Dhm is pretty good but their response in my opionion is terrible. I've waited up 6 weeks for a response and I'm still waiting.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dhm is pretty good but their response in my opionion is terrible. I've waited up 6 weeks for a response and I'm still waiting.

Just shoot him a message on Facebook, he got back to me within hours of reaching out to him.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

6weeks for a response where?? What is your name and where did you try and contact us

Russell
248-941-4992
[email protected]

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

??? I quoted this post above with info and still have not heard anything back on here.

Thank you

Russ

1 - 20 of 29 Posts