Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Tuxedo black. I recently bought waxed the hell out of it one night took a Florescent light to the paint and seen rock chips here and there on the sides and a little on the hood, got a buddy that works at a paint shop color matched some paint touched it up but damn. Black is a pain in the ass to keep clean. What’s some really good polish for black cars? I currently use:
•meguiars quick mist and detailer
Followed by • Muguiars Ultimate Compound them seal it off with •chemical guys Jet seal best thing I used to seal and protect my paint. But still. I see some swirl marks from the previous owner and just curious how to get them out as well as a little bit of over spray here and there. Tried a clay bar it didn’t get it off any help????

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
I don’t have a lot of experience with detailing yet but saw your post hasn’t had a response and didn’t want you to be left hanging.

That said, I do know you’ll need to ‘cut and polish’, complete with a dual-action buffer, to get the swirl marks out.

There are tons of videos and threads on other forums on how to remove & minimize swirl marks.

There are entire forums dedicated to detailing cars.

Just start searching YouTube & Google for how to remove swirl marks - you’ll learn a lot. That will allow you to take very specific questions to the forum of your choice.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t have a lot of experience with detailing yet but saw your post hasn’t had a response and didn’t want you to be left hanging.

That said, I do know you’ll need to ‘cut and polish’, complete with a dual-action buffer, to get the swirl marks out.

There are tons of videos and threads on other forums on how to remove & minimize swirl marks.

There are entire forums dedicated to detailing cars.

Just start searching YouTube & Google for how to remove swirl marks - you’ll learn a lot. That will allow you to take very specific questions to the forum of your choice.
Preciate it my man I did the research

1 - 3 of 3 Posts