Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm pretty desperate for help at this point. I've been getting code p008a (Low Pressure Fuel System Pressure - Too Low) for a couple months now. After the first time getting it, I changed the Low Pressure Fuel Sensor and that seemed to fix it for about 2 weeks. I've gotten it again and have changed the Low Pressure Fuel Pump (In gas tank) and the low pressure fuel sensor again. Any reccomendations? I can see the code under "Active Codes" on my AP but never got a Check Engine Light. Also, no performance/idling/fuel issues. Drives completely fine. I am tuned by Brian (JST) but I also get the code if I flash back to stock.

Info on Focus:
2018 ST
32k Miles
Tuned by Brian (JST), although I get the code on the stock tune (Confirmed multiple times by flashing to Stage 0 AND unpairing the AP)
Replaced Motorcraft Low Pressure Fuel Sensor twice (By Firewall). Part Number: CM 5250 / BU5A-9F972-CA
Replaced Motorcraft Low Pressure Fuel Pump. Part Number: BV6Z9H307AW
Did KAM Reset

After replacing the Low Pressure Fuel Sensor the first time, the problem went away for about 3-4 weeks. But now, I get it after a short drive.

I would appreciate any feedback

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
It might be the HPFP, mine went out before the warranty was up. So Ford replaced it, check your fuel rail pressure and monitor it.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,842 Posts
It might be the HPFP, mine went out before the warranty was up. So Ford replaced it, check your fuel rail pressure and monitor it.
So did mine - was replaced at right before 60k under extended powertrain warranty, along with all 4 injectors. Now approaching 120k so wondering if I’m soon in for another go around at my own expense 🤔

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
487 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the super late reply guys! I thought I set notifications on here but I never got any alerts. It ended up being my in-tank fuel pump (LPFP).
I had a shop replace the OEM LPFP with another OEM one, which solved the issue for a couple weeks but the light came on. Got frustrated and took it to the dealer and they finally agreed to replace it (they wouldn't replace it after dropping my car off 2 different times). After this, I've been code free since then.

Wanted to note when I was buying the fuel pump at the parts center (in dealer), the person told me that they've had a lot of people experiencing problems with their fuel pumps.

I've researched this issue for a while and came to the conclusion that if you get this code:

replace the Motorcraft Low Pressure Fuel Sensor twice (By Firewall). Part Number: CM 5250 / BU5A-9F972-CA

if it does not fix the issue, replace the Motorcraft Low Pressure Fuel Pump. Part Number: BV6Z9H307AW

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,951 Posts
What about the FPCM (fuel pump control module)? A pump is just an electro-mechanical device. The module is what interfaces between the PCM/BCM & actual fuel pump...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts