Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering what people think about the difference in the 3.5" fmic, and the 5.5" beast im looking to buy, but not sure if I should get the larger one or the smaller one would be fine. Im guessing if I plan on a bigger turbo then go with the larger fmic, but i mean for the price the bigger one is cheaper and bigger than most on the market now.

also interested in there catless DP, and intake...if anyone has them speak up let me know how they are.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The 3.5 is good for up to 500hp. You?ll be fine with that one. Even if you went big turbo later on, you wouldn?t need the 5.5 unless to get past the 500 mark

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went with the 5.5 beast but mainly because it was “damaged” (couple bent fins in the back of the intercooler) I don’t plan on going big turbo but the price was reduced to almost that of the 3.5 so I went for it. Overall I am satisfied with the product I live in Hawaii it gets pretty hot and CAtemps are normally ambient or within a couple degrees it does its intended purpose. There were a couple fitment issues during install but with patience and maybe an extra hand to help you shouldn’t have any major issues. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have the 3.5 on a GTX2867R running 25psi on pump gas. It does a great job keeping temps down. Extreme duty/track car bigger might be better....but for a mild big turbo build, it's fine.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't really plan on going more than about 430ish hp...anymore than that on a fwd car really isn't fun anymore IMO. Thanks for the advice...i wish the 3.5 was still 299....its now up to 350, but still a bargain for the performance it gives.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I have the 3.5 and I'm satisfied with it. I would've bought the down pipe too but it wasn't in stock.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
783 Posts
The 3.5 is definitely on my short list of what comes next.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I picked up the "Beast" for almost the price of the 3.5 from a guy here. Ill be installing it tomorrow. Ill let you know how it goes. I also plan to utilize their catted DP in the very near future. My goal is a big turbo early next year and hope to make in the 400whp range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts