Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saving up for my next set of upgrades which will be the FMIC, Stratified Accessport and Plugs. Was going to get a Depo FMIC just because of price and the fact that I don't plan to go beyond Stage 2 and everyone I heard talk about their Depo seemed very happy. Just wondering if over the long-er term if this is still the case, or if there are some weaknesses/negatives to this FMIC? If you have one can you let me know how happy you are with it to date? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Saving up for my next set of upgrades which will be the FMIC, Stratified Accessport and Plugs. Was going to get a Depo FMIC just because of price and the fact that I don't plan to go beyond Stage 2 and everyone I heard talk about their Depo seemed very happy. Just wondering if over the long-er term if this is still the case, or if there are some weaknesses/negatives to this FMIC? If you have one can you let me know how happy you are with it to date? Thanks!
The only thing I've seen (and this was not just the Depo, but other options also) was rust on the bolts and whatnot involved in the mounting. Not that it would cause much issue unless the rust was really bad. Certainly wouldn't deter me for the price, upgrade to nice higher quality bolts if you want extra precaution if Depo didn't already.

·
Administrator
13,359 Posts
I have been running the 5.5" beast for quite some time now.

As Brian chimed in, the mounting hardware is garbage. Rusts up like crazy. Which angers me.

Especially the map sensor mount bolt. Make sure to eith up grade that, or get teflon tape/compound on those threads.

I suggest sourcing some stainless hardware and painting their brackets.

Overall finish is very mediocre, it functions fine though. Par for the course, being so cheap and made in china.

Id score a used CPE if one pops up, if the depo's are out of stock. Which they normally are, lol.

The fmic works, and is cheap, so i guess it's alright.

Reactions: Rosko315

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm waiting for them to become available also. Looks like 4 weeks from now for the 3.5. I didn't inquire about the beast. The other fmic I was thinking about going with was the cxracing ic but the openings are facing out sideways. I believe the fitament is better with the depo. Hope they come in soon because the hot weather is upon us here and I felt the heat soak when the temps hit the high 80's low 90's for 2 days.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
3.5" here and still loving it.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I will sell you my cp-e 5.5" intercooler. If you are interested let me know where you are located so i can figure out how much shipping will be. I've used it for 15k miles. The cp-e stencil on the front of the fmic is kind of worn off.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
I just pulled the trigger on the Steeda FMIC. Right now they're going for $509 on their website. Didn't want to wait for the Depo units to come back into stock, as I know how sometimes imports get held up. Hot weather is coming soon!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i'm leaning more towards the Level FMIC. We'll see when I get there...

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I am happy with mine. I waited for it to get stocked and ordered it as soon as it did. Yes I had to grind down two welds to fit better and pick up some hardware from home depot, but for the price it was just what I needed. There are better options out there for fit and finish (Steeda, CP-E), but the price point and that fact that it works fantastic is what sold me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts