Ford Focus ST Forum banner

101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just installed mine a few months ago and it's a straight bolt on. works perfectly. That's the only thing you do have to do is remove the metal bushing in the map sensor as the new bolt to bolt it to the intercooler is larger than the hole in the sensor but it's no big deal pops right out.
I got mine a couple weeks ago. I didn't have a metal bushing in my MAP sensor, it was just plastic. I had to drill out the hole just barely a little bigger to fit the bigger bolt through it. I also needed to find nuts that fit the bolts that mount the lower brackets of the intercooler onto the car. They screw into the tabs on the stock intercooler but not on the Depo one, so I needed a nut on the other side to grab the bolt. Luckily I had some that worked.

That being said, the day before I got my intercooler I did a datalog pull on the Cobb Stage 1 tune and my charge air temp went from 85.6 degrees to 147 during the pull, and that was only hitting 19.58 psi. Right after installing the intercooler on a hotter day I did a pull on a JST custom tune and went from 96.4 degrees to 101.1 degrees, and that was hitting 23.38 psi. So it does its job well.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I just installed mine a few months ago and it's a straight bolt on. works perfectly. That's the only thing you do have to do is remove the metal bushing in the map sensor as the new bolt to bolt it to the intercooler is larger than the hole in the sensor but it's no big deal pops right out.
I got mine a couple weeks ago. I didn't have a metal bushing in my MAP sensor, it was just plastic. I had to drill out the hole just barely a little bigger to fit the bigger bolt through it. I also needed to find nuts that fit the bolts that mount the lower brackets of the intercooler onto the car. They screw into the tabs on the stock intercooler but not on the Depo one, so I needed a nut on the other side to grab the bolt. Luckily I had some that worked.

That being said, the day before I got my intercooler I did a datalog pull on the Cobb Stage 1 tune and my charge air temp went from 85.6 degrees to 147 during the pull, and that was only hitting 19.58 psi. Right after installing the intercooler on a hotter day I did a pull on a JST custom tune and went from 96.4 degrees to 101.1 degrees, and that was hitting 23.38 psi. So it does its job well.

I just did a pull a couple days ago on my first revision from jst. It was probably around 85 degrees outside I got 25.22 PSI peak. That was a 3rd gear pull I usually get more boost in 4th. So I suspect the little snail doesn't have much more to give.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Surprised at this point we still getting some incorrect hardware with this intercooler, or at least it seems that way.

Any feedback from recent orders?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Surprised at this point we still getting some incorrect hardware with this intercooler, or at least it seems that way.

Any feedback from recent orders?
I ordered mine on July 16 and received it on July 22, and had the two small hardware issues I mentioned a couple posts up. Just to clarify, if you look at the piece circled below on the old intercooler, there's a bolt that tightens into that metal clip (one on each side). I don't know if I was supposed to transfer that metal clip onto the new intercooler, but it didn't seem like it would fit. I found a couple nuts that fit in my garage, so it wasn't a big deal. And I'm really happy with the intercooler.

Photo Jul 31, 2 10 50 PM.jpg

·
Registered
177 Posts
I ordered mine on July 16 and received it on July 22, and had the two small hardware issues I mentioned a couple posts up. Just to clarify, if you look at the piece circled below on the old intercooler, there's a bolt that tightens into that metal clip (one on each side). I don't know if I was supposed to transfer that metal clip onto the new intercooler, but it didn't seem like it would fit. I found a couple nuts that fit in my garage, so it wasn't a big deal. And I'm really happy with the intercooler.

View attachment 361577
Appreciate that, i should have some nuts laying around as well.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just got mine today, if the quality and fitment is as good as the packaging then I'll be damned. I'm happy about what i received, both ends are sealed, very well protected.
I'll update this weekend or next when i get it installed. Great customer service.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got mine installed just before StFest - drove the 2 1/2 hours there and back and have been beating on it ever since - Easy to install and my intake temps haven't risen any more than 15 degrees above ambient since. Now to install my Depo catless downpipe and I'll be fbo.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It's already a steal but did they offer discount for Nov, Dec holidays before? Should I just get it now or wait?

And I only need to install the bracket mounts that came with the IC, and it's good to install? Any drilling or fabrication needed?

101 - 120 of 150 Posts