Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy the beast but deporacing.com has been out of stock for a while now is there another site?

·
Registered
150 Posts
No, he's the only one you go through, a couple weeks ago he said he'd be in stock in 6-8 weeks. i wouldnt buy the beast unless your going to buy a bigger turbo or rally race where your under constant boost. Intercoolers are like air compressors, the bigger the tank the longer it takes to fill up and build pressure, it will give you some lag.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I want to buy the beast but deporacing.com has been out of stock for a while now is there another site?
No. Keep an eye on their site, or pay attention here (Depo Racing has a dedicated section of the forum, where you actually should have posted this). Either way, you just wait until he gets another shipment.

Watch the classifieds here and you might see one come up used.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I loomed for thread with no luck can some one link it and I will watch it
Go to the vendors list section and click depo, from there it is pretty obvious.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
No, he's the only one you go through, a couple weeks ago he said he'd be in stock in 6-8 weeks. i wouldnt buy the beast unless your going to buy a bigger turbo or rally race where your under constant boost. Intercoolers are like air compressors, the bigger the tank the longer it takes to fill up and build pressure, it will give you some lag.
Not true. This was my car in 2014 on stock turbo and CPE 5.5 IC. Full boost at 24-2500 rpm.

6 dyno runs.jpg

·
Registered
150 Posts
Not true. This was my car in 2014 on stock turbo and CPE 5.5 IC. Full boost at 24-2500 rpm.

[iurl="http://www.focusst.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=232209&d=1389119837"]
[/iurl]
Never said you'd lose boost, but its true, pressure builds faster in smaller tanks brochacho ;)

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Never said you'd lose boost, but its true, pressure builds faster in smaller tanks brochacho ;)
Nobody said anything about pressure loss. I thought we were talking about spool times? The car spools and builds boost just as fast with the big IC

·
Registered
150 Posts
You dont need a dyno to figure out if a bigger tank takes longer to fill up lol..... talk to people thats been hot rods with turbos for 40+ years, you can learn alot.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Besides, wheres your chart for the smaller intercooler in comparison anyway?
Ford racing tune with stock IC. The turbo is so small and spools so fast makes no difference. I'm 42 years old and have been messing and building cars for 25+ years. Maybe if you stopped and listened to the guys that have been around this platform for a while you'd learn a thing or two.

Slide1.JPG

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I don't think you need the beast IC. It is overkill IMHO if you are not going BT and really pushing the car. I have the smaller depo IC and it works fantastically by keeping my charge temps low. Even in 100+ degree weather my temps were right around ambient.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Go big or go home, it's only $100.00 more! and it shoves up against the grill nicely. my .02

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Ford racing tune with stock IC. The turbo is so small and spools so fast makes no difference. I'm 42 years old and have been messing and building cars for 25+ years. Maybe if you stopped and listened to the guys that have been around this platform for a while you'd learn a thing or two.

View attachment 232465
Remember, this is the guy who insisted, against all the proof we showed him, that everything we know about making power the best way possible on this platform is wrong. And that building the motor is so much more effective than upgrading the turbo and going from there lol. Don't expect a proper conversation regarding anything turbo related from him, he's a little dated in technology.

·
Registered
150 Posts

[iurl="http://www.focusst.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=232465&d=1394308420"]
[/iurl]
Remember, this is the guy who insisted, against all the proof we showed him, that everything we know about making power the best way possible on this platform is wrong. And that building the motor is so much more effective than upgrading the turbo and going from there lol. Don't expect a proper conversation regarding anything turbo related from him, he's a little dated in technology.
I like the guy, i like how he roles, hes right with building the engine on top of bolt on upgrades, this "platform" is the same "platform" thats been used for years. Its a combustion engine that has the same rules and laws of physics like any other engine. This engine is not unique and different from all other engines or aka "platform" you can most definitely make more power with a 2.3L over a 2.0L any day of the week. There is no replacement for displacement, if you dont know what that means loom it up. Yes this turbo spools up quick but back to what i was originally saying, sometimes too big of an intercooler does exist, it really depends on what your using your car for. Are you going to be under constant boost, yes big is better but if your just drag racing or 0-60 then it wont do you any good. Im thinking about getting rock autos solid intercooler and pressure testing it, i only accelerate quick but im never umder constant boost. Id use the son of a beast that i have now if i gotta bigger turbo. But to be honest guys, if you tear apart and 87 turbp coupe 2.3L and a focus rs 2.3L its not any different, just new but the same laws of physics and how the engines work aka "platforms" apply the same. Calling it a platform doesnt make it different. You can get more power out of a 2.5L even more out of a 3.0 liter then this 2.0L i know guys running the 80's model ford 2.3L with 800hp and the ONLY way to achieve that kind of power is adding a 2.85 or 3.0 stroker kit, aming other upgrades but its tge same mother f'n platform. Ive seen as high as 1000hp from that engine but thats running off pure alcohal.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
True, a motor is a motor and physics apply the same no matter. In this case the beast and the CPE 5.5 are the largest IC available for the Focus and it just doesn't have any ill effects. It works the best out of all of them also. I've seen my CPE on the dyno drop charge temp a degree or two below ambient with just fans blowing on it both with stock and big turbo. All I meant by platform was there are things that apply to this car that I have not seen on others.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
True, a motor is a motor and physics apply the same no matter. In this case the beast and the CPE 5.5 are the largest IC available for the Focus and it just doesn't have any ill effects. It works the best out of all of them also. I've seen my CPE on the dyno drop charge temp a degree or two below ambient on the dyno with fans blowing on it both with stock and big turbo. All I meant by platform was there are things that apply to this car that I have not seen on others.
There are also other cars/platforms where throwing a 2.3 kit into the car is more worth doing than going big turbo, our car however is not one of those cars. It provides some gains, yes, but isn't the most efficient way to make big power. That's all SIstomper and I are saying relating all of this to "this platform" because this car isn't EVERY car, it's the Focus ST. So it will be different than other cars. 5.5" intercoolers cause no lag, case closed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
True, a motor is a motor and physics apply the same no matter. In this case the beast and the CPE 5.5 are the largest IC available for the Focus and it just doesn't have any ill effects. It works the best out of all of them also. I've seen my CPE on the dyno drop charge temp a degree or two below ambient on the dyno with fans blowing on it both with stock and big turbo. All I meant by platform was there are things that apply to this car that I have not seen on others.
There are also other cars/platforms where throwing a 2.3 kit into the car is more worth doing than going big turbo, our car however is not one of those cars. It provides some gains, yes, but isn't the most efficient way to make big power. That's all SIstomper and I are saying relating all of this to "this platform" because this car isn't EVERY car, it's the Focus ST. So it will be different than other cars. 5.5" intercoolers cause no lag, case closed.
There is no replacement for displacement, i bet ya if i had the time i could squeeze quite a bit more power from this cars engine using a 2.3L stroker. This car is no different then any other car, same applies for all cars. If this were true it would be the first car in history that has very little gains from a larger stroker kit.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
There is no replacement for displacement, i bet ya if i had the time i could squeeze quite a bit more power from this cars engine using a 2.3L stroker. This car is no different then any other car, same applies for all cars. If this were true it would be the first car in history that has very little gains from a larger stroker kit.
Spend the time you normally would on here to prove them wrong, and then come rub their nose in it when you get it done.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts