Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just had my depo beast intercooler delivered and I was happy with time frame and the process. When I opened the package however to inspect the product before install i found it was damaged, bent on the bottom left. Idk what to do I emailed depo so I play the waiting game with that but does it need to be replaced? Is it worth the hastle? Will it hurt performance being damaged? Any help especially from @DepoRacing would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
So I just had my depo beast intercooler delivered and I was happy with time frame and the process. When I opened the package however to inspect the product before install i found it was damaged, bent on the bottom left. Idk what to do I emailed depo so I play the waiting game with that but does it need to be replaced? Is it worth the hastle? Will it hurt performance being damaged? Any help especially from @DepoRacing would be greatly appreciated!
It will be fine. If it just looks bent and not cracked or anything I'd just throw it on the car.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Looks like UPS did the drop kick game, looks functional and after installing prolly won't be noticeable, the beast literally rests against the bumper undertray.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Just a little ding. It should not affect a thing since it does not look like it split anything to cause a leak. They are tough.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I would send it back or get a refund from UPS, you already lost money if you wanted to sell it plus you paid for a new undamaged one. You dont know if that ding has caused it to lose any of its cooling ability, air flow rate or to maintain the same pressure.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I would send it back or get a refund from UPS, you already lost money if you wanted to sell it plus you paid for a new undamaged one. You dont know if that ding has caused it to lose any of its cooling ability, air flow rate or to maintain the same pressure.
It might be hard to get UPS or FedEx to pay up if it was shipped like mine was where you have to sign for it. Since you should inspect the box for damage when signing. Unless it was damaged when packing it then of course it should be covered by Depo. It does not hurt to ask of course.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts