Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres the deal, ive got a 2017 focus ST3, its my daily commuter car, i put about 120 miles a day on it. there is absolutely no reason for why i should mod the car, except that i love to mod stuff. seriously though, this car is fine the way it is, and im not going to race it. i just like to do stuff. SO, Mountune isnt that far away from my house, before i get back i would like my wife to take the car there, drop it off, have everything installed and tuned before i get back ( im well aware that she may not let me have the car back, i'll just buy an RS)

anyway, on my computer back home ive got a shopping cart full with about $5K of goodies, my concern is that maybe im spending the money in the wrong places, or buying stuff i dont need ( i know i dont "need" any of it, but wants).

big ticket items in the cart were:

B3 Kit (FMIC, CAI, AP, RMM)
charge pipes
catted turbo back exhaust
club sport CO's

small stuff that i think i added:
BPV?
waste gate actuator?
sweet mountune shift boot.

im pretty sold on taking it to mountune, no they arent the "best" products out there, yes i could learn more about the car by installing myself, but as its a daily, it brings me some security knowing that everything was professionally installed. is there anything that im missing? or maybe dont need? like that waste gate actuator, i just dont think i need that. and i dont plan to go big turbo yet.

·
Registered
530 Posts
If you can swing it, YCW coilovers have been regarded as definitely the best because they maintain the stock spring rate ratio between front and back so it handles better, but keeps the same balance as stock and if you can, you'd be better off with the CPE stage 2 mount from what I've read. Also If you buy the AP from a tuner like Stratified, you'll get their OTS tune with it for free.

·
Premium Member
13,994 Posts
The cp-e intercoolers are some of the best on the market. Made in the USA and lifetime warranty. Also great reviews here on the forums. The cp-e stage two rmm is awesome. However if you want to minimize NVH you can also look at the stage 1. The Mountune Clubsport suspension kit is really nice. I almost bought that myself. If you want more adjustability and more aggressive spring rate go with the YCW coilovers. I'm currently running them and they are awesome. They are more stiff and if you want more daily driving comfort stick with the Mountune. As for the intake that is the biggest controversy here. Most say it doesn't do anything for the car. I disagree. Most of the power one makes is midrange. An aftermarket intake really smooths the air out before the turbo. The factory tubing adds turbulence. The accessport is a must for these cars. Lots of great tuning companies like Panda Motorworks and Stratified.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so mountune cant dyno tune cars? yup sticking with the club sports for comfort. my CPE shopping cart is pretty full too, and i know their FMICS are superior, but i cant go to CPE to get stuff installed, so im sticking with all mountune products

·
Premium Member
13,994 Posts
so mountune cant dyno tune cars? yup sticking with the club sports for comfort. my CPE shopping cart is pretty full too, and i know their FMICS are superior, but i cant go to CPE to get stuff installed, so im sticking with all mountune products
I'm sure a local shop could install the parts for you.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Big turbo-2k with tune from starified
Cobb ap3-550
Depo catless dp-200
Depo beast intercooler -450
Cpe rmm-140
Exhaust-600
3949.00 and you have 1k left for suspension or aux fuel for anything over 350whp.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts