Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Shadow Black, E30, MonsterFMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' ShiftBushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
2,753 Posts
Sorry for your loss. My favorite wrecked cars were that sick feeling.
Better a car then a person though.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Well I took a bit of a step down in performance but overall I think I picked a d4mn nice car. 2020 Jetta R-Line with 6spd manual trans.
Nice choice, you won't be disappointed. It may not be the same performer that you were used to, but they have their pro's. I've owned several v-dubs and was very happy with all of them. My only beef is the new gen stuff and what they did to the interiors and all trying to be Tesla or something.
Too bad about your hatch, that's a tough row to hoe.

·
Read Only
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice choice, you won't be disappointed. It may not be the same performer that you were used to, but they have their pro's. I've owned several v-dubs and was very happy with all of them. My only beef is the new gen stuff and what they did to the interiors and all trying to be Tesla or something.
Too bad about your hatch, that's a tough row to hoe.
Now that you say that it does feel kinda tesla-esque lol I dig it though. But yea maybe ill get another ST some day I still adore the platform.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Now that you say that it does feel kinda tesla-esque lol I dig it though. But yea maybe ill get another ST some day I still adore the platform.
that's nothin man, you should see the new Golf R.
I was going to sell off my ST and get one until I saw what they did to it. They put dang near every control on the stupid touch screen... there are very few physical buttons left.
It's not like VW has ever been known for aesthetics, but dang man... I just can't deal with a touch screen for every adjustment.
bleh
the photos of your Jetta look more like they used to, very nice... I like it.

Car Vehicle Gear shift Steering part Motor vehicle

·
Read Only
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that's nothin man, you should see the new Golf R.
I was going to sell off my ST and get one until I saw what they did to it. They put dang near every control on the stupid touch screen... there are very few physical buttons left.
It's not like VW has ever been known for aesthetics, but dang man... I just can't deal with a touch screen for every adjustment.
bleh
the photos of your Jetta look more like they used to, very nice... I like it.

View attachment 399726
Oh yea I see what your saying.. thats well unfortunate. Those Golf Rs are pretty slick though, I would have looked for the GLI version of my car but I keep telling myself the modding days are over (at least for now) so I'm not tempted. If the bug bites again in a few years ill go with the standard VW starter pack. Air lift and Rotiforms. No engine mods.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts