Ford Focus ST Forum banner
101 - 120 of 122 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 · (Edited)
Drain oil. loosen ac pump, pull ac belt. remove lower charge pipe. drop pan. 4 bolts remove balance shaft assy. Install BSD. Scrape old silicone off pan (this is the hardest part. and its not hard). Re-silicone. Bolt up pan, put the AC compressor and belt back on. reinstall charge pipe. Refill oil. Go to BK and get a DOUBLE whopper this time cuz u just got TWICE AS BAD ASS.

· Registered
1,159 Posts
Drain oil. loosen ac pump, pull ac belt. remove lower charge pipe. drop pan. 4 bolts remove balance shaft assy. Install BSD. Scrape old silicone off pan (this is the hardest part. and its not hard). Re-silicone. Bolt up pan, put the AC compressor and belt back on. reinstall charge pipe. Refill oil. Go to BK and get a DOUBLE whopped this time cuz u just got TWICE AS BAD ASS.
Yeah no this is a little move involved than a quick post on a forum warrants. I'll wait until there is a proper install guide and/or I need to change my oil.

· Registered
3,616 Posts
Yeah no this is a little move involved than a quick post on a forum warrants. I'll wait until there is a proper install guide and/or I need to change my oil.
Helms manual. No need for install guide though the manual has a few more steps than you really need. Such as loosen the trans.

· Registered
3,616 Posts
I have that downloaded. I'd just free better with a write up specific to the part. Simplifies things.
True. Though the balance shaft removal is in there.
There is already a writeup from a while back on it. Just have to Google it.
If you have no luck, I'll do the writeup with pics. I'm off this week doing mine after many months of procrastination. :)

· Registered
1,870 Posts
Pry Bars | MSCDirect.com
this is what I used to pry the pan loose, its really stuck on there. I pried on the transmission side using the axel as a fulcrum.

· Registered
1,870 Posts
True. Though the balance shaft removal is in there.
There is already a writeup from a while back on it. Just have to Google it.
If you have no luck, I'll do the writeup with pics. I'm off this week doing mine after many months of procrastination. :)
if you get stuck, not that you would, I don't live very far away

· Registered
3,616 Posts
if you get stuck, not that you would, I don't live very far away
Thanks. Much appreciated!
It will be part of a larger job cleaning things up. Loose ends from the various mods.

· Registered
1,870 Posts
Thanks. Much appreciated!
It will be part of a larger job cleaning things up. Loose ends from the various mods.
haha, loose ends, I know what you mean. I need to get under my car this week too. last time I was under there I noticed the hotside pipe to turbo coupler was rubbing the firewall and it made a pretty good indent in the silicone. so I forced it onto the turbo outlet and tightened the piss out of it.

· Registered
3,616 Posts
haha, loose ends, I know what you mean. I need to get under my car this week too. last time I was under there I noticed the hotside pipe to turbo coupler was rubbing the firewall and it made a pretty good indent in the silicone. so I forced it onto the turbo outlet and tightened the piss out of it.
Yup, those are the ones. Lol

· Registered
1,870 Posts

· Banned
165 Posts
how do you like the pulleys?
I'm picking her up tomorrow from boomba! Had to drop her off, let them take their time on everything (more than the pulleys).

Will report back tomorrow from the drive home (1 hour). Should make for a good time.

I've been thinking about this for a while, but install doesn't sound that bad... Especially with @boomba racing at my disposal :cool2:

· Registered
2,973 Posts
Are you offering video editing skills? :cool2:
depending on what you needed. I'm no professional, but i know the basics. Ill PM you my email.. we can communicate that way.

and also someone had mentioned how off ramps have long sweeping turns, sometimes with banking...a lot of these turns can be taken at a higher rate of speed (read: 50-60mph) With this delete in place, should we not take these turns at those speeds (ignoring the obvious safety of the speed on the turn)

101 - 120 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.