Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Missouri where the weather has been ridiculously humid. Yesterday I began to notice a decrease in power in 2nd and 3rd gear as if the car was "dogging" however it was also raining. This morning when doing a pull I noticed the same thing I did yesterday with a decrease in power only hitting probably 15-18 lbs but it felt as if the car was struggling to get there plus there horrible fog and 90% humidity. I am hitting full boost with 4-6th gears. I am currently on a stage 2 OTS tune. Don't know whether or not it is related to humidity just weird how it just came on these past two days when we've had horrible weather for the past month.
Any suggestions on what it could be? Or ways to test for other problems?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Boost is limited in 1 & 2 to 17lbs. So that's normal. Mine feels like that too and I'm similarly modded. Mine is because I'm rolling more easily into the throttle. It could also be the heat out causing some issues. Try a KaM reset and see what happens.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, my car does not like the heat and humidity in NC...

·
Registered
428 Posts
All cars lose power due to heat and humidity. As inlet air temperature goes up, air less dense, contains less oxygen per given volume, less combustion.

People with turbocharged engines feel it a little more because we are used to that kick from the turbo, and as outside air temperatures climb, the amount of kick for a given level of boost goes down. Makes a lot of people think something is wrong with their equipment when it's just practical application of the ideal gas laws.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts