Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I don't want this to turn to a tuner or parts war

But I've considered going all mountune I like their subtle exhaust note and am a fan of quality and reliability. My end goal is eventually 350whp with their big turbo.

Or piece together a bunch of different brands and go with a atp kit with stratified.

I want what is simple and reliable and no fitment issues

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have Mountune's FMIC and I am pretty happy with it. Alot of their stuff is very costly and over priced, but if you do not care about the money then go for it!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The intercooler is the only piece I wouldn't get mountune. Plus I'm hoping for mostly slightly used parts to pick up

·
Registered
371 Posts
The intercooler is the only piece I wouldn't get mountune. Plus I'm hoping for mostly slightly used parts to pick up
Yes, I highly recommend getting used, that is the only reason I have the fmic I have. I plan on switching to CP-e fmic this summer

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ok I don't want this to turn to a tuner or parts war

But I've considered going all mountune I like their subtle exhaust note and am a fan of quality and reliability. My end goal is eventually 350whp with their big turbo.

Or piece together a bunch of different brands and go with a atp kit with stratified.

I want what is simple and reliable and no fitment issues

I have built my car to stage 3 including hawk hps pads and hankook ventus v12 tires on stock wheels, with some extra small pieces here and there. Total cost was 5k Canadian, look for good deals on quality used parts and save money. Its also more satisfying building as you go vs buying all at once.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I'm also deciding who go with for a tuner. And I hear good things with mountune and stratified
They're all good tuners on here and all get you basically the same thing with slight variation for safety/personal preference. Panda, Stratified, Unleashed, Mountune, etc

I will definitely recommend Stratified strongly because of excellent R&D and customer service. They know the platform better than anybody I've seen. That said, any of the others will net similar results with minor differences.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reason I like mountune is I can get parts and use it for the stock turbo and then their bigger turbo the parts all fit mostly.

Not sure about the atp kit

·
Registered
440 Posts
If your goal is approx 350hp, get efr or mountunes kit. I just recently got Mountunes turbo back exhaust and love it (used to have cobb cbe) and don't have ear crushing drone now. I'm getting mountunes turbo kit next time it is on sale. Yes Mountune is pricy, but their stuff seems pretty refined to keep the ST stock like without being stock. A gentleman's sleeper.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
Reason I like mountune is I can get parts and use it for the stock turbo and then their bigger turbo the parts all fit mostly.

Not sure about the atp kit
The ATP is technically more "other parts" friendly than the Mountune kit. Keep in mind for the Mountune big turbo you need to run their own special downpipe as well as their intake parts (Or modify your stock intake). The ATP will be able to use most third party or stock parts.

·
Registered
613 Posts
ATP route is definitely more parts friendly. The full race kit mounts the turbo in a slightly different location than mountune from what I understand, so when you go EFR you're sort of locked into full race of mountune parts for it (DIY is always an option of course too).

I too have a similar mild 350hp goal... my biggest contenders are ATP GTX2863 or EFR 6258. The EFR kit isn't really much more expensive than the ATP route if you do an apples/apples comparison and consider you don't need an external bov. GTX compressor tech is more efficient, EFRs have a lightweight turbine wheel (fast spool), great internal wastegate and bypass valve design. I think EFR is the best way to go, but nothing bad or wrong with ATP route either.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My plan would be this so if I go mountune I don't buy parts twice. Stock turbo will be all bolt ons and a cat back then if I decide to go bigger turbo I'll buy the downpipe for the turbo.

The mountune turbo is 350-360 wheel hp correct?

·
Registered
381 Posts
My plan would be this so if I go mountune I don't buy parts twice. Stock turbo will be all bolt ons and a cat back then if I decide to go bigger turbo I'll buy the downpipe for the turbo.

The mountune turbo is 350-360 wheel hp correct?
More realistically 330 on 93 unless your 93 is better than what is available here. 350 is possible but I had to mix in e85/race gas to get the corrections/pulled timing down.

·
Registered
381 Posts
They have another turbo option on their site too. They have a dyno w 93 on their site shows 350whp
That's the same dyno sheet they have been showing since it was released. You may get lucky and get there with 93, but I don't think they will guarantee that number for you. I certainly didn't get it, at least not safely.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have built my car to stage 3 including hawk hps pads and hankook ventus v12 tires on stock wheels, with some extra small pieces here and there. Total cost was 5k Canadian, look for good deals on quality used parts and save money. Its also more satisfying building as you go vs buying all at once.
Where did you get most of your parts from in Canada? I am in Edmonton and stuck paying an arm and a leg for shipping...

·
Registered
314 Posts
I bought off a Facebook group for ontario, and off this website. Full bolt on, brand new coils ( from stratified shipping dirt cheap) spacers tires etc. 5k

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
440 Posts
Remember, on Mountunes kit you get to pick efr6258 or 6758 turbo. The 6758 should hit 350 whp on pump gas.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts