Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why delete vs locking?

I know there is a no flaming clause on this forum. But deleting destroys the natural flow. Via conflict we can learn.
There was a conflict, opinions were expressed (delivery might be questioned), Resolutions were given (how to use search engine etc...). In the process of deleting, many valid points were erased.
Personally this kind of censorship, via deletion doesn't sit right.

I hope I have the freedom to express my opinions on this forum.

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Why delete vs locking?

I know there is a no flaming clause on this forum. But deleting destroys the natural flow. Via conflict we can learn.
There was a conflict, opinions were expressed (delivery might be questioned), Resolutions were given (how to use search engine etc...). In the process of deleting, many valid points were erased.
Personally this kind of censorship, via deletion doesn't sit right.

I hope I have the freedom to express my opinions on this forum.

Thanks!
Moderation. They just want to keep the peace.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
It was a thread that got out of hand. He did what he saw fit to keep the important stuff and get rid of the argument. Problem solved

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a thread that got out of hand. He did what he saw fit to keep the important stuff and get rid of the argument. Problem solved

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Yes agreed, but in the process many valid points were deleted.

No perfect system. Just saying, deletion might not be best. Lock?

I will lock myself on this.
Thank you

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Stepping into that thread it was a very simple question, that should have been a very simple answer. If you wished for the OP to search there could have been links posted guiding them to search elsewhere and the thread could be closed. But that is not what it was. These valid points you are speaking of were so passive aggressive that leaving them would only fuel the fire. 4 pages of back and forth name calling etc are not what I would call "valid points" and were deleted. Even if you wanted them to stay for "continuity" they could still be deleted on the grounds of being off topic along with many other things. These posts just bring out the trolls and anyone new trying to search for an answer would have to scroll through 4 pages just to find 3 comments that do so. I left the posts that I felt beneficial. We have a lot of people that view the forum before signing up and do you think that would be a good representation of how we conduct ourselves here? We try not to censor here. We let posts flow pretty freely, but when one starts piling up with garbage we remove it. I could just have easily deleted the whole post, but kept it to help others. If you still have a problem with the way that I handled the situation feel free to PM me directly and we can chat this out. I feel everything was handled justly.

Please keep these in mind:

2. This is a Family Friendly Forum. Don’t post content that you would not want your children, mothers or wives to see.
5. Personal attacks (Flaming, Name Calling) on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.
11. Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators; however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public.
12. Any abuse towards our staff and/or management will result in immediate suspension of your account.
14. If you have any questions as to whether something is acceptable, please message a moderator.
15. Report posts that are abusive rather than quoting them and responding to them. Defending yourself is still seen as ignoring the guidelines and may result in infractions and/or banning.
Note: These Guidelines are subject to change as we see fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts