Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Dealership can’t resolve my issue. 2018.

6K views 51 replies 15 participants last post by  Stardog 
#1 ·
I’m about to bring it back in for the third time. I bought it certified pre owned with 10k on it and now has 15k. Here’s my issue. The car falls into some type of boost limp mode when it’s wot in the higher gears. I can drive around while full boosting between 1-3 gear and it has no issues. But if I am on the highway and do a long pull, it cuts off the boost to 7.5 psi on the gauge. I can quickly turn off the car and turn it back on which resets the issue till I go do another long pull. Example, Let’s say I’m in 5th going 75/80mph and I go wot, at about 115 it drops on its face.
The first two times I brought the car in was cause a check engine light came on after a few of those instances. The dealership said the first time was from a boost sensor that went bad. And the second time they said the bov was leaking. And now I’m on here looking for some help because I got off the highway earlier and it did it again. No check engine light is on, yet.

#45 ·
Highest I've seen on my stock tune was around 20.5, and it falls off pretty fast past about 4000 rpms from what I remember. 15psi isn't that far off from normal. You don't get full boost (21.5, I think) unless you're in 4th gear, and only for 15 seconds at that, with the stock tune. Highest I've seen in 3rd was 19.5, I think.

#51 ·
Thank you for the info. I appreciate the explanation. I'm still learning about this platform and it's nice when folks fill me in on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.