Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought my car in to have some issues addressed. During the visit they said they weren't going to to a certain recall because their scan showed the ecu was not stock.

They asked if I had a tune on it. I don't have a tune and never have. The only thing that I can think that would be related is pulling check engine codes using a Bluetooth adapter and torque pro.

Anyone run into this problem?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,885 Posts
Brought my car in to have some issues addressed. During the visit they said they weren't going to to a certain recall because their scan showed the ecu was not stock.

They asked if I had a tune on it. I don't have a tune and never have. The only thing that I can think that would be related is pulling check engine codes using a Bluetooth adapter and torque pro.

Anyone run into this problem?

Thanks.
Are you the first owner? If not the previous one may have installed a tune.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Shot in the dark. Use FOCCCUS for global windows?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope. Don't use the windows apps (got a mac and android). Dealer didn't know how it would have happened but they just initialized it and did the most recent factory image.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Interesting. I would be concerned about this... that or the PCM is failing and didn't provide a proper checksum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts