Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tried to go to the DHM website and found that the website is down, and Google states the location is permanently closed. Does anyone know what this is about?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
You missed the drama. ?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Hoping I shouldn't be nervous that I recently had my E-tune done by them... ?
If it were me I'd find another tuner: Stratified, Mountune, Freektune etc.

No judgement on the quality of your tune nor the intent of the tuner, but there's a lot of stress on a business owner when things are going not well. And things apparently were not going well for a while. So what's the risk that the care and attention to detail in programming your tune were less than optimal, when your tuner was concerned with (and possibly distracted by) all the business issues swirling around?

You asked if you should be nervous; that's a risk management question. IOW, is there a greater risk your tuner made an error during the tune process while he was dealing with his business issues? Of course. Whether you tune actually contains a mistake, or a suboptimal setting that would otherwise have been rectified... no easy way to find out for sure before there's an issue with your motor.

So that's why I suggest that if you want to be less nervous, go with a different tuner. To be 100% clear (and a little redundant), I am not suggesting your tune does contain an error, defect or suboptimal setting -- only that the risk of it containing one IMHO is greater when getting a tune from a stressed tuner. The cost of a new tune to have peace of mind is a fraction of the cost of a new motor after all.

Best regards to all,
Mark

Reactions: willfromfreeport
1 - 6 of 6 Posts