Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, not really a product review or asking any silly questions. Just wanted to share some info. Called Disk Brakes Australia (DBA) USA's headquarters and spoke with a customer service rep. Asked him if DBA plans on making any rear rotors for the FoST as you can currently only buy their front rotors. The answer is yes and no. You currently at this moment cannot buy rear rotors from them because they're in development and "should" be released sometime this summer, according to the rep I spoke with.

I've personally been a fan of DBA for a number of years, used their rotors in the past and I know some of my friend have also done so with their builds. I'm quite excited to see them come out with the rears so I can have a matching set.

Hopefully this helps you guys with your future brake decisions!

Pic is there T3 4000 series single piece rotors.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Some lightweight 2 piece aluminum hat rotors would be nice. I have not been able to find any in 335mm. 10lbs off the front rotors would be good for 10 hp.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had DBA rotors on my forester and thought they were a great bang for the buck. Glad to hear about this because I was going to go this route again once my focus is due for new brakes

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some lightweight 2 piece aluminum hat rotors would be nice.
They do offer a 2 peice rotor but they're not cheap. Like $500 a pop if I'm not mistaken for their 5000 series T3. Honetly though, their 4000 series will do ya just fine. They lasted me doing track days, back road bombing and autocross along with daily driving.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to hear about this because I was going to go this route again once my focus is due for new brakes
Thats the whole reason I inquired myself. I'm at 15k right now on stock pads and rotors, I've seen a few autocross days and mountain runs, so I figured when I do the wheels and tires, to do the pads and rotors at the same time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know their 2 piece setup is only for 320mm rotors, so 14.5+ cars get left out again on the rotors.

Also does their 4000 series have the vent opening on the outside (wheel) or inside (car) the hub

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know their 2 piece setup is only for 320mm rotors, so 14.5+ cars get left out again on the rotors.

Also does their 4000 series have the vent opening on the outside (wheel) or inside (car) the hub
I didn't ask any specifics about the actual size of the rotor, it completely slipped my mind when I was on the phone with them. I know there's a thread around here that explained it in a bit more detail about the different rotors and pads and what not but yeah, I am unsure. Once I get closer to making a purchase I'll likely inquire about the actual rotor size. That being said, I would prefer to go with the 1 piece over the 2 piece, can't justify the price jump.

As for the venting, I am unsure either.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
DBA 4000's and 5000's are great rotors, I've run both on street and track cars. 5000's do have a purpose, mainly for track cars. But even on a street car, saving weight at an axle, is saving weight at an axle! I'd rather save weight at the wheel personally, where it's more valuable. Just be warned the 5000's rotor ring replacements cost about 60% of the whole kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts