Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright guys...here it is. So I bought a 2015 FoST with 16k miles and lots of extra goodies. Parts list below. I also just put a ton of stuff on order that till be going on the car as soon as I get back to the states from Japan at the end of next month.

So here's what is currently on the car...

Velossa tech rear fin diffuser
boomba wing risers
BC racing coilovers
steeda toe/endlinks
SPC racing rear camber arms
CPE catback
MBRP off-road downpipe
CPE cold air intake
symposer delete
CPE leightweigh intercooler
ACCEL coil packs
ford racing 2 step colder plugs
CPE stage 2 rear motor mount
CPE drivers side motor mount
Damond passenger side motor mount
Damons Stage 1 catch can
Tb performance front strut bar
Cobb access port with 93 oct tune from Justin Brasil at freektune
Ralley innovations front splitter
Velossa tech custom 300g shift knob
fifteen52 turbomac white wheels 18x9
boomba BOV
KICKS legurra racing red locking lugs, Rockford fosgate p2d2 10" sub in box running on 500w amp, infinity primo door speakers and tweaters running on 300w amp.
20% tint all the way around
Brand new battery
Stock wheels are painted matte black with winter tires.

Parts on order that will be installed when I get home.....

Gtx2867r gen II .64
Mbrp intercooler piping with hks ssqv on the hot side
Husky floor mats
Maxton spoiler extension
Mugen style window visors
Steeda jacking rails
Aem WMI kit
St badged seatbelt pads
Uniden R3 radar detector

Will be tuned by Chris @Panda

Parts about to be ordered

Prosport evo premium gauges
Oil pressure, oil temp, and boost

Tb performance traction bar

Dash cam for front and maybe the rear

Possibly maxton sideskirts?

2015 Focus st2 MM
Stage 3+ suspension and aesthetics.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Parts are all sitting at my place ready to be installed as soon as I get to the states! So excited. I should be getting back on the 23rd, starting to work on the build on the 25th-26th

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally made it back to the states. I started off with the simple stuff. Last night I threw in the husky floor mats, and the ST Racing seatbelt pads

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This morning I installed the maxton spoiler extension. It was an easy install. Just cleaned the area with Windex and alcohol, lined everything up, then pulled off the tape a few inches at a time to keep everything aligned.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Next was the rain visors or whatever you want to call them. The adhesive that came with them was absolute crap. I barely had to grab it to pull it all off. I just replaced it with some REAL 3m adhesive, cleaned the areas with alcohol and Windex, and carefully aligned them before removing the tape. They aren't perfect but if you aren't looking for it, you can't tell they're a bit off. In the picture, the thinner 3m label is the stuff that came on them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And now I just finished up with the mishimoto expansion tank. VERY simple install. I just watched their YouTube video, then it took me about 15 min to install after that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Started working on the turbo install tonight. Couldn't wait any longer.

I've basically been following the cj pony parts YouTube video step by step. I forgot to take more pictures as I was running into one issue after another. But so far, I'm not too far behind.

The biggest issue so far was the clamp from the turbo to the downpipe. That thing took me nearly an hour to work it off. I suggest once breaking the nut loose, grab some pliers and start wiggling around the whole clamp to break that bond. I also ended up needing a flathead and a hammer for the inner part of the clamp.

Have nearly everything removed at this point. Just need to grab the last oil line, and coolant line before pulling the turbo off. I'll take some more pics when I get started in the morning. I should be finished up by the end of the day.

Just waiting for [email protected] to get back to me with the tune.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Taking a break right now. All I have left to remove is the turbo from the flange. Most of the vacuum lines were stuck when I tried to remove them, so that took me a good hour or so. I couldn't really get any good pictures while I was in there.

The other big issue was the coolant line going to the top drivers side of the block. I ended up having to use a Dremel to cut the clamp, as the clamp was somehow I stalled on the bottom side, which is unreachable.

After getting a bit pissed at the vacuum limes i threw the hks on the charge pipe. The hks is a ***** to install in the flange. (Its on the hot side of I ended up using channel locks to pull the ends of the ring together, used a zip tie to hold it, then cut it once it was in.

I'm about to go finish pulling off the turbo, then I'll be installing the new one, the charge pipes, steeda jacking rails, and the front traction bar. Hoping to be able to finish by the end of the day

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ran into quite a few more complications yesterday.
Hopefully things will be done today. Not gonna get my hopes up this time.
After getting the turbo flange on, I realized I didn't check the wastegate preset. So i took it off, checked It, and put it back on.
But on the plus side I heard back from panda this morning. I should be getting my tune in the next day or so it sounds like.
All the oil and coolant lines are on now. The coolant line going to the drivers side up top took me over an hour. I got the cold side charge pipe installed as well. (So glad I didn't go with the CPE! just need to fit the new vacuum fittings, throw on the hot side, and throw everything back together.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I thought I was done....and then I spring an oil leak. The adapter for the oil line after the 90 degree fitting is leaking. Not sure what's causing it. The fitting looks just fine. I'm trying to find some Teflon tape but it might have to wait til morning. Other than that, everything seemed good after I ran the car.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts