Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me understand the error I am getting on my accessport?

I went to go log last night and I had added some parameters to log, but I got an error message that said too many monitors (2 bytes)...I made sure that my display was only showing 2 parameters (both of which I was logging anyways), but it would not start data logging..?

Is there a maximum number of parameters that it can handle logging? I was frustrated because I had gone back and deleted some parameters from the logging data, but still got the same error.

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Can someone help me understand the error I am getting on my accessport?

I went to go log last night and I had added some parameters to log, but I got an error message that said too many monitors (2 bytes)...I made sure that my display was only showing 2 parameters (both of which I was logging anyways), but it would not start data logging..?

Is there a maximum number of parameters that it can handle logging? I was frustrated because I had gone back and deleted some parameters from the logging data, but still got the same error.
I had the same problem, I was doing data logging for my tune by Stratified and got the same error with all the parameters they wanted. Just take off as many displayed items you can, sounds like you only need to take one off and it'll work.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just a guess but maybe your accessport ran out of space? Data log files don't take up much space to begin with but if you are a heavy logger then maybe it would make sense. Just speculation.

·
Registered
477 Posts
When logging, only monitor a parameter if it is also being logged. The AP gets bogged down when it has a sizable list to log and separate parameters on the gauge display.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the same problem, I was doing data logging for my tune by Stratified and got the same error with all the parameters they wanted. Just take off as many displayed items you can, sounds like you only need to take one off and it'll work.
So for example, just monitor boost pressure because it is also being logged? I am going to try to narrow down what is being logged as much as possible and just log what Strat wants.

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
So for example, just monitor boost pressure because it is also being logged? I am going to try to narrow down what is being logged as much as possible and just log what Strat wants.
Yeah, that's what I had to do. I even deleted other logs I had. The AP can only log/display so many parameters at once.

Reactions: Ginger_snaps4
1 - 7 of 7 Posts