Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Fusion 2.0 owner here. I frequent 2gfusions.net usually but the guys over there can't help me with this question. I'm thinking more of you guys might use DashComand and more of you definitely use FMICs and care about monitoring charge air temps.

Question: How do I get DashCommand on iOS to display IAT2 (Charge Air Temp)?? It will only read -40 degrees.

Using ELM 27 wifi dongle.

-I have the 2014 Ford Extended Parameters
-PIDs have been validated with the car
-EVERY other PID is working; IAT, trans temp, ECT, knock, lambda, you name it...

Palmer Peformance gave me the following answer when I asked for their recommendation: "You will need Ford enhanced to view IAT2 data, DashCommand will give you exactly what the vehicle ECU reports, if the vehicle is reporting -40 this is what DashCommand will display. It sounds like you simply need to validate the PIDs." This has been done to no avail.

Do you guys have any tips?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is an easier question.

At what sensor is the charged air temp actually measured? I'm talking about air that has been compressed and hopefully cooled by the FMIC. Looking parts diagrams I only see one IAT sensor on the 2.0 ecoboost and that is right after the air filter. It appears that the only sensor after the turbo/intercooler is MAP.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Here is an easier question.

At what sensor is the charged air temp actually measured? I'm talking about air that has been compressed and hopefully cooled by the FMIC. Looking parts diagrams I only see one IAT sensor on the 2.0 ecoboost and that is right after the air filter. It appears that the only sensor after the turbo/intercooler is MAP.
Temp is read after the filter and at the intercooler. Intake temp and charge air temp.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Sensor
Part Number: BV6Z-9F479-A
Browse more in Intercooler
Other Names: Map Sensor, Mass Air Flow Sensor, Pressure Sensor, M.A.P Sensor, Sensor Assembly
Description: Transit Connect van. Explorer. Mustang. Fiesta. Escape. Fusion. Focus. Edge. MKC. 1.5l. 2.3l. 1.0l. Without turbo. At intercooler. 2.0L turbo, 2017. 1.6L, to 11/27/2014. 2.0L turbo, 2013-16. 2.0L turbo, 2013-2016.
Notes: Included With Top Cover.

Sensor
Part Number: CV2Z-9F479-A
Browse more in Powertrain Control
Other Names: Pressure Sensor, Mass Air Flow Sensor, Map Sensor, Sensor Assembly
Description: Escape. Fiesta. Focus. F150. 6.2l. 5.0l. 1.6l. Transit. 2.0L turbo. 3.5L, 2012-14. From 10/20/14. Without turbo. From 10/24/11. At air cleaner. F250, f350, f450.
Notes: Included With Air Cleaner Assembly. Included With Air Inlet Tube.

Sensor
Part Number: AG9Z-9F479-B
Browse more in Powertrain Control
Other Names: M.A.P Sensor, Map Sensor, Pressure Sensor, Sensor Assembly
Replaces: AG9Z-9F479-A, CX-2394-
Description: Transit Connect van. Explorer. Fusion. Fiesta. Taurus. Escape. Focus. Edge. MKT. MKZ. MKC. 1.6l. 2.3L. 2.7L. With turbo. 2.0L turbo. 3.2l diesel. Without hybrid. At intake manifold. Special service police sdn.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sensor
Part Number: BV6Z-9F479-A
Browse more in Intercooler
Other Names: Map Sensor, Mass Air Flow Sensor, Pressure Sensor, M.A.P Sensor, Sensor Assembly
Description: Transit Connect van. Explorer. Mustang. Fiesta. Escape. Fusion. Focus. Edge. MKC. 1.5l. 2.3l. 1.0l. Without turbo. At intercooler. 2.0L turbo, 2017. 1.6L, to 11/27/2014. 2.0L turbo, 2013-16. 2.0L turbo, 2013-2016.
Notes: Included With Top Cover.
Gotcha! So this sensor reads MAP and charge air temp.

So is anyone having luck reading IAT2 with DashCommand?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts