Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to who here is running a dash cam, and what their set-up is. I'm using a YI HD 1080P60 (thanks Prime Day)! Pretty simple to use and good quality all around in the videos. I placed it under my rear view and ran the cable up and over.

Vehicle door Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part Car

It was also very easy to run the cable up and around the car. I went top of the windshield - A-pillar - behind the glovebox - to the center console.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've got a Garmin Dash Cam 55 + the parking kit.

It's a great mid range camera in that the quality is good and it also has voice commands to it (for instance: "Ok Garmin: take picture")

I also found out first hand that when it detects an event (in my case sliding off the road into a ditch), it will automatically move the current video over into a folder that won't get overwritten.

I'll post a video of the camera in action once I find it (it's tucked away somewhere as I wait to get my car back)

(Edit: added pics and videos to this thread: http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...-dash-camera-video-thread-12.html#post1972274)

Reactions: Manoah

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I'm not being a smart ass, but posting this because it'll be the most beneficial to OP,

Go to google.com and literally type this in directly to the search bar "site:focusst.org dash cam" and you can see all the posts about this and what others are using and their setups

Edit: without the quotes

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Lots of info on here. I am considering running a rear cam.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not being a smart ass, but posting this because it'll be the most beneficial to OP,

Go to google.com and literally type this in directly to the search bar "site:focusst.org dash cam" and you can see all the posts about this and what others are using and their setups

Edit: without the quotes
I literally searched dash cam on the site search and saw a bunch of random stuff. Guess I'm just unlucky with the search

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have the Anker cam - it's pretty good. I hardwired mine to the interior lights fuse so it turns on as soon as I unlock the car and stays on for a few minutes after I turn the car off.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I literally searched dash cam on the site search and saw a bunch of random stuff. Guess I'm just unlucky with the search
Our site search sucks, straight up. That's why I do that string I put above because it you put "site:insertsitehere.com" it will only show results for that site. Then you can specify whatever content you would like and see all the posts ever made on here about them. Much better than our search bar on the site.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have an A118C. I'd like to upgrade to an A119S for the better night vision and motion defection that won't freeze the camera.

Sent from another galaxy.
I had been using an A118c, and recently went to the A118c V2. Great budget camera that does what it should and does it well. I also like that it doesn't use a suction cup. The V2 also comes with a cord that minimizes interference for my HD radio. I haven't seen enough improvement for the A119S to justify switching. If I were going for my first one, I'd probably give the A119S a shot, though.

·
Premium Member
13,974 Posts
I had been using an A118c, and recently went to the A118c V2. Great budget camera that does what it should and does it well. I also like that it doesn't use a suction cup. The V2 also comes with a cord that minimizes interference for my HD radio. I haven't seen enough improvement for the A119S to justify switching. If I were going for my first one, I'd probably give the A119S a shot, though.
I was looking at a second camera since I have multiple vehicles. My older camera was going to be in my Escape.

·
Premium Member
5,730 Posts
Our site search sucks, straight up. That's why I do that string I put above because it you put "site:insertsitehere.com" it will only show results for that site. Then you can specify whatever content you would like and see all the posts ever made on here about them. Much better than our search bar on the site.
Have you guys used the search lately? We recently updated it to use google custom search and it is light years better than it was before.

On another note yes, I have a Thinkware F750 hardwired. It is fantastic and their customer service is great as well.

Text Font Line Document Screenshot

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Have you guys used the search lately? We recently updated it to use google custom search and it is light years better than it was before.

On another note yes, I have a Thinkware F750 hardwired. It is fantastic and their customer service is great as well.

View attachment 267290
I haven't, when was it updated? I know it was using google months back when I gave up on it, so maybe it's a different type of google search? Good to know if it was!

·
Premium Member
5,730 Posts
I haven't, when was it updated? I know it was using google months back when I gave up on it, so maybe it's a different type of google search? Good to know if it was!
About 2 weeks ago, up to that point it was NOT using google, just the built in vbulletin search.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Thanks for the info guys! I'll try to be a bit more thorough with the searches

1 - 17 of 17 Posts