Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SO, @Fuxalt has the beer of the day, and while i do enjoy my beer, i drink quite a bit of hard liquor. It typically takes less to feel good, and you can make just as many cocktails as beers. So share your experiences with different liquors/spirits here!

Rules

1: All "Jack and coke" bases must be referred to as "Lemmys" in honor of Lemmy Kilmister.

2: much like Fuxalt doesn't care about your budlights, I don't care about your regular Jack and Beam....post sustenance, such as more rare bottles of these( such as gentleman jack) and anything local or abroad.

3: photos optional, but helpful for others to find in their local package stores.

4: give us your experience with shared drink, perhaps you will help others by passing on your wisdom.

As always, drink responsibly, don't drink and drive, and share your Liquor!

Picked up this local rum this weekend. Its decently smooth, not as high proof as some, but mellow both on the rocks, or mixed with a favorite soda.

20160509_205056.jpg

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sailor Jerry's for me. It's great on the rocks or mixed with soda. I typically mix it with diet Mountain Dew.

Edit: I also enjoy a couple of fingers of Glenfiddich on the rocks occasionally. Preferably the 15 or 18 year old vintage.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Me and my buddies love our whiskey. If it's a cheap night it'll be 1792 and some coke but on a nice night we'll crack open a bottle of Woodford Reserve. It's definitely my favorite by far. Favorite whiskey @DarthGinger ?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Sailor Jerry's for me. It's great on the rocks or mixed with soda. I typically mix it with diet Mountain Dew. Edit: I also enjoy a couple of fingers of Glenfiddich on the rocks occasionally. Preferably the 15 or 18 year old vintage.
And that's funny you said that. Last time I had sailor jerrys on the rocks it was on my 21st birthday (about 9 months ago) and I ended up behind a shed throwing up. Good times good times

Reactions: ddotffoeg

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Me and my buddies love our whiskey. If it's a cheap night it'll be 1792 and some coke but on a nice night we'll crack open a bottle of Woodford Reserve. It's definitely my favorite by far. Favorite whiskey @DarthGinger ?
Wow a favorite? But there's soooo many....

I guess go-to is likely crown for my personal reserve, typically special reserve. I do have a bottle of the 75 anniversary, as well as a limited cask 16 from a few years ago. Crown was the first whiskey I ever experienced, and for some reason, over a decade later it still holds a place in my heart as a simple standard.

Now if I want to treat, I'll go a little higher. Knob Creek is pretty on point, esp their rye. I am also a fan of Basil Hayden Bourbon but if you don't own yourself, it's a bit pricey.

Also had a couple Japanese whiskeys that are up their in price, but well worth the sipping. The Yamazaki 12yr is very refined... I wish I could afford a 35yr.

Darth

Reactions: zerocoolxx

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Currently enjoying some Bulleit Rye.

1792 is my go-to budget bourbon though.

I may sub to this thread.
How is the bulleit rye? I saw it Saturday but I went local with a rum and yet to be opened NC whiskey.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really wasn't too impressed with their Bourbon. It was far from the worst I've had, but by no means tops. May check it out next week.

Darth

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I don't Drink for health reasons anymore. But when I did, (And I did), My choices swayed towards the Irish Whiskies.
TO keep in line with the Post rules, My favorite Irish Whiskey was also my namesake. :saint:

"The Big Fellow" is as Smooth as a baby's but. Great sippin' Whiskey, but shots are even better. That's all I remember :wink:
Cheers.

Irish Whiskey_5.JPG

·
Registered
73 Posts
Johnny Walker Black is my go to, but when I have the money I do like to try others. I am subing this for ideas and to see yall's feedback on different fine liquors. Love tjis thread already.

·
Super Moderator
8,400 Posts
I really wasn't too impressed with their Bourbon. It was far from the worst I've had, but by no means tops. May check it out next week.

Darth
Yeah their bourbon is crap, they make a nice rye though. Its worth a try for sure.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Bulleit makes a solid rye. Especially for the price point. Had some 4 roses single barrel last night.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Sailor Jerry's for me. It's great on the rocks or mixed with soda. I typically mix it with diet Mountain Dew. Edit: I also enjoy a couple of fingers of Glenfiddich on the rocks occasionally. Preferably the 15 or 18 year old vintage.
Another Sailor Jerry lover here. Pretty much the only alcohol I will ever drink. Haven't tried it with Dew yet may have to check that out. They have a killer marinade recipe on their website.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Man I could not get behind sailor Jerry. Maybe my buds are too spoiled lol.

If you can find it, JP Wisers vanilla spiced with a coke makes a nice spiked vanilla coke. I usually drop a double shot, then add coke on the rocks. Actually well balanced sweetness to it.

1 - 20 of 281 Posts