Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now Available!

Taking what we've learned on the Mazdaspeed3 platform, when been wanting to integrate our Rear Motor Mount design over to the Focus ST. While most MS3 RMMs directly transfer over to the FoST, ours did not due to it's size. We mount the bushings at the end of the mount where it connects to the transmission bracket, like a horse shoe, with bushings at either side of the mount. This results in a 1-piece mount, with similar function to many 2-piece mounts on the market that place the meat of the bushings in correlation with how the motor moves during power transmission. However our MS3 mount is a way bit overkill on material, so we've reduced the overall size, and put it in FEA analysis to ensure it'll handle more than anyone can throw at it. After some measuring, 3-D printing, test fitting, we've been able to develop a full working prototype. Since doing so, we've gotten the mount out to beta testers, and have been testing it ourselves.

Price is $125 Free US shipping, and the mount is offered in either gold or black anodized, with black or red bushings. Reviews from testers at the bottom of the product page: link

·
Registered
382 Posts
Solid motor mount so far! Close to 2,500 miles and I've been launching it and doing lots of hard acceleration/deceleration runs. Will have a full review up shortly very similar to my PMM review comparing it to a few different brands. Diamonds doing big things with these mounts and not charging a fortune.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have about 1500 miles on this mount. Previously I had the CP-E rmm, and this mount feels much more solid and connected. NVH is very minimal and feels about the same as the CP-E mount. I have a BSD done so my NVH levels are a bit more intensified compared to other stock motors. Install is just like any other RMM mount on the market. Easy, maybe 10 minute install. Will chime in once I have a few more thousand miles on this mount to give a final opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Man I had a long written up review and can't find it anywhere. D: I'll retype once the product page is up.

For now just know this mount is awesome! I've got about 7k miles on it (I DRIVE A LOT) and it's beautiful even with BS delete, vibrations are minimal. Compared to the COBB mount this one feels more rigid and gives the car a better feel. I've had friends even comment that it was on par with their CPE Stage 2 mounts. Just absolutely loving it and so far no dreaded bang from launching the car on sticky tires and no wheel hop. Been doing way too many launches on proxes and some R888's. Going to be trying some Mickeys here very soon so we will see how it holds. Sure there won't be any issues.

·
Vendor
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
No available! Damond Motorsports Focus ST RMM

No worries, we've had it up so testers could submit their reviews.

Which OEM bolt? We do provide a new bolt for the back side of the mount, as it allows for proper clearance. Here's the Install guide
OEM bolts for all the mounting points. The one going throught the subframe and the one on the other side with the red bushings. Curious if the oem hardware will still work?

·
Vendor
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OEM bolts for all the mounting points. The one going throught the subframe and the one on the other side with the red bushings. Curious if the oem hardware will still work?
The subframe bolt is reused. We supply a new high grade bolt and nut that connects the bushing end of ours to the factory trans bracket. You can see all this in our guide: here

·
Registered
85 Posts
just installed mine yesterday and it completely changed the car. I'm sure the nvh will go down and that's not a problem. car is planted and shifts better. Insane the difference is. Great product look forward to getting the other mounts soon.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
@DanM; If you're asking for AutoX regulations, I think you should be good for Street Touring and up. It's not so much about reusing the hardware, as it is original mounting points. As far as that ruling goes, ours does retain the factory mounting points, and does not relocate the motor.
I cant believe it has been a year when I posted this. :lol:

I ordered your rmm and installed it earlier today. I took it around for a spin and been very happy with the improvement.

damondmount.jpg

Here is a pic of my Damond Motorsport mount installed with your logo.

Thanks again for making an awesome product.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts