Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me start by saying this is a great OCC and was nearly a plug and play install and came with great directions.

This is to address an issue that damond may start seeing as people with newer cars start installing their products.
I own a 14' ST and was unable to reuse the factory bolt to mount the OCC to the car. It looks like in the installation pictures ford used a weldment nut behind the PCM. In my car they now use a clipnut to attach the PCM to the frame.
Because of the added thickness of the clipnut and OCC mounting bracket i could not re-use the factory nut to mount the OCC to the frame. I had to source a longer bolt to attach the OCC to the frame.
I will try to take pictures and update this post so you can see what I am describing, just wanted to give you a heads up as I tried calling this weekend but didn't reach anyone.

Again, Great product just want to make sure you were aware of a potential issue.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg FullSizeRender (3).jpg FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_7831.JPG

·
Vendor
79 Posts
I have not been aware of this! Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I just spoke with @SlowestSVT; over the phone, and he's grabbing me the measurement of the bolt length, so we can provide a replacement bolt. One long enough to replace the factory one, where our OCC bracket mounts to.

If anyone has a newer 14' FoST, and has ordered our OCC kit recently, please shoot me a PM or email me at [email protected] and I will get you out a replacement for the factory bolt ASAP.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Yup this happen to me too, but I just went out and got a longer bolt from a hardware store. No biggie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
79 Posts
For any newer FoST customers that has purchased one of our OCC kits and needs a replacement for the factory bolt, I have them in stock. Please PM me or email me at [email protected] along with your order number, and I will get you out a replacement bolt ASAP.

Updated with pics, thanks again @Damond Motorsports for the great customer service and products.
Anytime!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Can anybody provide the specs on the longer bolt they used? Planning on installing this soon and want to pick one up locally before I start the install.

Tried contacting Damond Motorsports but I didn't get a reply yet. Bought the kit used or else I would have gone through them to get a replacement.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Got a reply from Matt at Damond Motorsports so figured I'd update the thread for those that were wondering:

"The bolt is an M6, and you'll need the length to be 25mm, or longer. So longer than an inch."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts