Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Wow, is this at the same dealership your buying the car from?

They have some here in wichita, but as i said in another post, no test drives.. that sorta chapped my butt, considering i'm gonna spend 30 grand on a car, i think i should atleast drive it first.. they say they treat them like Shelby GT'S or Boss Mustangs, whoever buys it will want 0 miles on it.. but you would think they would have one for demo drives!! who knows??

·
Registered
137 Posts
They have some here in wichita, but as i said in another post, no test drives.. that sorta chapped my butt, considering i'm gonna spend 30 grand on a car, i think i should atleast drive it first.. they say they treat them like Shelby GT'S or Boss Mustangs, whoever buys it will want 0 miles on it.. but you would think they would have one for demo drives!! who knows??

No test drive = no buy for me. And that dealership will be on my blacklist for life. Just like shopping for a new bike. If I couldn't ride before I buy I would go to a dealership that I can. Not spending that kind of coin just to find out I made a bad decision. Heck when I go into my local HD dealership they hand me the keys and say have fun. See ya when you get back.

·
Registered
675 Posts
No test drive = no buy for me. And that dealership will be on my blacklist for life. Just like shopping for a new bike. If I couldn't ride before I buy I would go to a dealership that I can. Not spending that kind of coin just to find out I made a bad decision. Heck when I go into my local HD dealership they hand me the keys and say have fun. See ya when you get back.
THink about it though...its probably ordered by someone just like us. Would you want someone else driving your car before you? I sure as hell don't.

I am going to kick some ass if there is more than a couple miles on mine.

·
Registered
362 Posts
THink about it though...its probably ordered by someone just like us. Would you want someone else driving your car before you? I sure as hell don't.

I have to agree with this, I don't even want the service department to do the "check in" test drive lol. On the other side of this though. They should have a base model for potential customers to test drive.

·
Registered
137 Posts

There is a difference between not allowing a customer ordered car to be test driven and a stock vehicle to be. Some dealerships will not allow new models, especially higher performance models to be test driven at all because they think people are gonna go out and run the snot out of them.

·
Registered
915 Posts
There is a difference between not allowing a customer ordered car to be test driven and a stock vehicle to be. Some dealerships will not allow new models, especially higher performance models to be test driven at all because they think people are gonna go out and run the snot out of them.
exactly what they told me today Garemlin

·
Registered
915 Posts

they put between 4-9 miles on them at ford!! u will never get 1 with 0 miles, but thats also what they told me today!! you are right!!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
BS. If it's a customer order, then of course no one ESLE (but the one who ordered it) should be allowed to test drive it. For dealer stock though? That's just stupid if they don't have one to test drive. I can see a $60k+ Shelby Stang ... maybe ... untill you show you're a serious buyer. But we're talking about a $27k car here, and there's not a similar one (ie. Stang GT) that you can at least get a feel for what you're buying. It's a new model!
My local dealer/salesperson is supposed to call me when their dealer stock one comes in. Hopefully he will. And he better let me drive the thing if it isn't already sold when I get there! Else I'll take my $30k to a different dealer.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts