Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So today I installed my CXRacing coilovers and Top Speed pro-1 camber arms. I decided to go with CXRacing coilovers because I already have their intercooler which I like and I've heard decent things about their coilovers so I decided to give the budget suspension a chance. The install for the most part went pretty well only a few hiccups. Everything fit how it was supposed to the only pain was the camber arms but I think that's the case with any. There was only one problem with it, it does not come with bolts and nuts for the brake line so I had to zip tie it for the time being (gonna buy some some bolts tomorrow and put them on). With the coilovers it lowered the car about 3/4 of an inch (can fit one finger between the wheel and wheel well). I wanted to go lower but the front was adjusted to the lowest setting, the back however could have gone lower but I decided to raise it to match the front. I've only driven it a few miles back from where I was working on it and the ride seems to be pretty good. But I will do an update once I've driven it more. Wish I would've taken pics during the install so sorry about that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been driving on them for about 500 miles now, still working fine. They are a bit stiff but it's not that much of a bother. I recommend them as a budget suspension so far.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Looks good OP, like how they sit after the install.
@UnfocusedST these look like YCW's dampers??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks good OP, like how they sit after the install.
@UnfocusedST these look like YCW's dampers??
They sit perfect in the front, basically flush, and right now are a little high in the back but that's because I haven't gotten the chance to lowered them a little more. Right now I got 25mm wheel spacers on the back and if I drop it lower with getting my fenders rolled it will rub.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts