Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I worked with Jason at CVF to test the first Focus ST intercooler from CVF. The intercooler was a huge upgrade over he stock unit in terms of performance and size. The swap process was straight forward enough for me to complete without any prior experience. The fitment was very good, the included bolts / mounting hardware worked perfectly. In the pictures the unit is a little dinged up up - this is because it was the first / test unit, Jason mentioned this and said production ICs will be in much better shape. I saw 40f + drops in IAT2 temperatures (recorded with a Cobb AP) during test passes. With the stock intercooler at 72.5F ambient, the intercooler hit 127F+. After the install, the same pass saw only +1F to +3F over ambient (72F). I was at ~84mph in the test passes. The intercooler (while a test unit) looks great and performs much better than the stock unit.

Features:
  • Direct bolt-on replacement
  • Computer-modeled, CVF-branded cast end tanks ensure significantly better airflow efficiency than welded aluminum counterparts
  • 115% larger core (26" x 4.5" x 8")
  • Supports up to 670 HP
  • TIG-welded bar-and-plate construction
  • CVF Lifetime Warranty

View attachment 394054 View attachment 394055

Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
One, it's about damn time you wrote something up on this. Making me wait was starting to piss me off! 馃ぃ

Two, now the only thing missing is my BOV flange on the drivers door end tank.... @CVF-Jason

Looks great! Thanks for the write up and for Jason to arrange this for our members to test.

Stay Safe
J

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One, it's about damn time you wrote something up on this. Making me wait was starting to piss me off! 馃ぃ

Two, now the only thing missing is my BOV flange on the drivers door end tank.... @CVF-Jason

Looks great! Thanks for the write up and for Jason to arrange this for our members to test.

Stay Safe
J
Haha yeah, I wasn't sure if I should have waited until the product page was up on the website or not lol.

I will say, not related to the CVF unit, I was sad I had to dremmel out the stock IC bolts. They were so bad from winters

Administrator
A little late to the party. Car stopped being USDM 3 years ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts