Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car my son bought came with an exhaust installed. I found a used stock one to have just in case because we live in CA. The exhaust was cut and I am looking to weld it and cut it in a way to be able to have a sleeve or other clamp. Is there a better place to cut it ? Any of the two lines I drew OK ?

Thanks
Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface Street light Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,943 Posts
The yellow line is the only one you will be able to A) access and B) still be able to clear the rear subframe when installing. Cut it right in the center of the straight section the yellow line is on.

I recommend sizing up a sleeve clamp instead of rewelding it so it can be removed later.

NOTE: THIS MAY NOT BE THE CORRECT SIZE. i was just linking for an example of the type of clamp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The yellow line is the only one you will be able to A) access and B) still be able to clear the rear subframe when installing. Cut it right in the center of the straight section the yellow line is on.

I recommend sizing up a sleeve clamp instead of rewelding it so it can be removed later.

NOTE: THIS MAY NOT BE THE CORRECT SIZE. i was just linking for an example of the type of clamp.
Just the response I was looking for. Thanks !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts