Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
So did you order something from JBR through edge? I've heard of some issues with JBR but I haven't heard anything really negative about edge?
What's the context?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Yeah, I'm surprised to hear this particular complaint.

What item did you order and how long have you had to wait?

I mean, it took a dealership 5 months to get a plastic clip for the rear seat for me, and so far 4 months waiting on an LSD... Things are still pretty ugly out there with the supply chains and whatnot.

Fill in some blanks about this random-looking complaint please.

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,107 Posts
I am sure he has issues with items he ordered and ended up not being in stock, since most websites have drop shipped items listed along with their inventory items.
There are a a couple of resellers on FB, you can get in touch with them directly and ask about the item, if they have it in stock or not.

Reactions: mitch808

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Deeply descriptive and informative?
People give me a hard time for leaving lengthy reviews at places when I do leave a review... As if a review isn't supposed to be your thoughts on a particular product/place. I'd rather read a couple paragraphs long review on an Amazon product that a hundred "This thing is awesome" or "This thing is crap" posts...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stripped the bolt myself yea ha ha. Been working on cars before you were born. Just trying to let people know what happened and i get people who think they work at the place. I purchased F/R sway end links from EdgeAutoSport. The End links were from JBR. I called JBR and told them what happened and they gave me a hard time and said deal with EdgeAutoSport. I told JBR to just sell me the bolt and nut but said no.

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
938 Posts
Stripped the bolt myself yea ha ha. Been working on cars before you were born. Just trying to let people know what happened and i get people who think they work at the place. I purchased F/R sway end links from EdgeAutoSport. The End links were from JBR. I called JBR and told them what happened and they gave me a hard time and said deal with EdgeAutoSport. I told JBR to just sell me the bolt and nut but said no.
Post more than a half sentance review and maybe poeple would do that...

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
My dad has been turning wrenches professionally for 40+ years and still occasionally strips a bolt. It just happens.

Like Joey said. Post more than half a sentence and people won't assume you're just griping. Saying ""Edge bad" isn't a review or letting someone know what happened. It usually comes across as a petty complaint at best. That said, now that we have more info, it sounds like you actually had a problem.

Why was Edge's customer service awful? You explained why JBR was bad, but not Edge.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I highly doubt that. You broke it, you buy it.

·
Registered
2014 Oxford White ST, 2867r Gen II, Built engine, 4 Port Aux, Tuned by JSTuned and so much more..
19 Posts
You know, I hate to be a thread reviver, but. I made a purchase the other day, everything to rebuild my engine. Oversized pistons, gaskets set, bearing, everything. I selected "UPS Ground" at checkout for a sum of $45. My order partially shipped and I click the tracking number. Fedex, freaking FedEx. My parts are sitting at a location in Bessemer, Alabama. Look that location up. They will sit there for most likely another 2 weeks or longer. I've had a package sit for a month there. And it was like this before Covid19. That's the reason I chose the UPS option. I have called for 2 days now and not a soul answers the phone. Some things don't need to be pushed back till a return call the next day. Some things need addressed immediately before the rest of my order ships and I have no parts for weeks. Was hoping to go to the Carlisle show with my son and his car. Guess that's out of the picture now.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
My parts are sitting at a location in Bessemer, Alabama
I love less than 2 hours from Bessemer. Every package I've ever ordered from Amazon that came from there has been lost. Not one or two. Like 15 packages. All from that location.

• Wow
Reactions: CantFocus8606

·
Registered
2014 Oxford White ST, 2867r Gen II, Built engine, 4 Port Aux, Tuned by JSTuned and so much more..
19 Posts
The horror stories about Bessemer FedEx are the things of nightmares. The hold packages forever, or they run up to Hayden, Al and throw them in the woods. Not joking, they throw them in the woods. I know you saw that on the news. It was about 8 minutes from my house where they were dumping.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
The horror stories about Bessemer FedEx are the things of nightmares. The hold packages forever, or they run up to Hayden, Al and throw them in the woods. Not joking, they throw them in the woods. I know you saw that on the news. It was about 8 minutes from my house where they were dumping.
100% saw it on the news. I'm up in the Huntsville area. When I see Bessemer pop up, if the package doesn't update for 24 hours, I just go ahead and put in my customer service request.

That said. You've given a lot more info than OP. I can't seem to find Alan's username on here, and the official EdgeAutosports account hasn't been logged in here, so I can't ping him for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was finally able to get in touch with someone via email yesterday. I was told that the shipping came from the manufacturer. Still, you can't request the manufacturer to ship UPS when that what you charged for. I was also told that the piston and main bearings are back ordered till 6/26. I told them to cancel those 2 items and refund those 2. After that, I have not heard back. I am going to give them time for a response today. If I do not receive a response, I will file a complaint with the BBB and there local Chamber of Commerce. Ordering my pistons and main bearings from Speedperformance as we speak. The y actually have them in stock, in hand.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Alright, update time. I have been in contact with edge via email. I did not hear back from them till today. The rep told me he was out last Friday for his sister's graduation. If that's the case then I'm cool, as family comes before everything. He assured me that the backordered items are being refunded. It took a little longer to hear back than im comfortable with, but all is well. Also, somehow, call it a miracle. My FedEx shipment came in with only a 2 day delay🤯

1 - 20 of 20 Posts