Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Customer Feedback

7K views 34 replies 22 participants last post by  Duece McCracken 
#1 ·
I am adding a thread for customer feedback. We welcome all customer feedback, both positive and negative. How can we improve? How are our products holding up to your standards? We would love to hear back from some of you.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I just received your intake manifold spacer, and couldn't be more pleased with the design, materials, and build quality. Can't wait to get it on!

You may consider fabricating engine cover offsets to allow continued and secure use of the engine cover.

Keep up the good work.

#4 ·
I have a short shift arm of yours. Initially I ran it on P2 but found it a bit too notchy. Went back to the stock shift arm to "recalibrate" my arm and then tried P4. Much better for me personally.

Positive comments:
  1. The shipping packaging was great; no way for anything to get damaged during transit.
  2. The craftsmanship in the arm itself is top-notch.
  3. The printed instructions were comprehensive and clear.
  4. The 10.9 grade shear bolt was nice. Better than an 8.8 or a 12.9 for this application IMHO.
  5. Providing the right thread locker was also very much appreciated; basically you provided a comprehensive kit.

Constructive Comments:
  1. Personally I would have preferred a 10.9-rated Nyloc nut for the shear bolt. If the bolt/nut comes loose, a Nyloc nut will give the user more time to identify and remediate the play in the shifter without losing the ability to actually shift. Since the fastener gets loaded in bi directional shear, some die-hards might prefer a drilled bolt/nut for Safety Wire (a bit over the top for just a street car I know).
  2. You missed a marketing opportunity: Other vendors include a small panel/window sticker or two. E.g. Green Filter, K&N, Boomba, etc.
  3. You missed a cross-sell opportunity. Other vendors include a "10% off on your next order" or similar coupon or code with a shipped product (Summit Racing does this all the time) to entice the customer considering a future additional product purchase to favor the same brand/vendor. Some vendors expire their coupons after 90 days or so to encourage follow-on purchases sooner rather than later.

Hope that helps!
Mark

#5 ·
I received and installed my Short Shift Arm and Shift Knob on this past Tuesday. I'm currently running the P2 position on the arm and I love it. Mirroring most of Mark's positive comments above:

- Excellent shipping.
- Physical instructions are nice, some vendors don't provide physical instructions.
- Excellent quality and design.

However, I do have some minor comments:

- This is personal preference but I find that the font size on the Shift Knob with the pattern is a bit too large. I would have liked it if it were smaller. This doesn't take away from the feel/function of the shift knob, it is top notch otherwise. If I had the option of customizing one I would have gone with a smaller shift pattern on the top and ST logos on the left and right sides.
- Also with the Shift Knob, I feel like it'd be nice if a plug of some sort (plastic, probably) for the set screw hole were provided. I might try to find something on my own to test the idea.
- The Shift Arm is too slick, I almost dropped it. :crazy: (just kidding)

#7 ·
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are working on getting new static cling small window decals ordered. We should have them in a month or two! I also, will pass your Nyloc nut recommendation to our lead engineer. Your "next order coupon" recommendation is a great idea and I will work on getting those out with future order shipments and for customers who have already received their products before we implement the 10% off code, please contact asmith@bptdesign.com with your order number and Ashley will email you a coupon code so all of our previous customers can get that discount as well. Please allow us a week to get all of that in order with the coupon codes and discounts. We are pleased that you are satisfied with our products and look forward to hopefully serving your aftermarket car part needs in the future!

#8 ·
Thank you airforceixi for your feedback as well. We may consider leaving an option in the store to purchase a blank shift knob then you can custom order the engraving. I don't really know how that works, so I will mention this in our weekly meeting next week on Monday to the engineers to see if choosing font options with shift knob purchases is a future possibility.

#9 ·
I ordered the quick shift arm a couple months ago and everything about it was positive. Good communication for a great product! Shortly after I ordered it I got an email saying the color I wanted was out of stock but they could ship any other color out immediately. I was in no hurry so I told them to wait until they had a black one ready. Got it about 1 1/2 weeks later, I've ordered stuff in stock that took longer, well done! Install was a breeze, everything was included even a pin to knock the roll pin out and a small tube of Loctite. I second the use of a Nyloc nut. I may get one just for peace of mind. The shifter is great, a lot lighter than stock and it looks great. It's to bad hidden under the air filter. I've never had a car with a short shifter before so I figured id start with the highest setting then go lower if I didn't like it. Set it at P2 and love it, big difference. I like the tight feel, can't wait for the snow to melt so I can put the summer tires on and do some spirited shifting :).

#10 ·
Same here for the shift arm. Very impressed with the packaging, appearance and completeness. I will admit I promptly dropped the roll pin removal rod and lost it, but still took less than an hour to install. Same concern about the cross bolt/nut; I used some of the supplied Loctite on it. If it's cold when you do the install, I recommend promptly taking the air box inside so the rubber coupler is warm and soft for the reinstall. Played with P1 and P2 with the engine off; settled on P2 and have never looked back. Grew up with 60's-70's muscle cars and don't mind "notchy."

Great product, complete kit, well packaged, easy install.

#11 ·
stopped by the shop today. Staff was friendly. Products in the lobby area look awesome. Walked out with a symposer delete. Got my eye on that shifter arm.

#12 ·
Nothing but great service from these guys, and I'm happy with both my spacer and symposer delete plate. Look forward to their future offerings.

#14 ·
Make a gas pedal space for heel toe :D

#15 ·
Nothing installed yet, but intake spacer and symposer delete waiting to go on. Look like top quality products.

Saw the symposer firewall cap that didn't come with the delete in the beginning and they are sending me one at no charge. Can't ask for anything more than that. Looking forward to installing these soon.

#16 ·
I couldn't be happier with my order! Ashley was great to work with; very friendly and fantastic communication. Shipping to Canada was fast and very reasonable. After I placed and paid for my order, I received a small refund because the actual shipping costs were lower than what I was quoted! That is unbelievable service in my mind. Also, there were no brokerage fees or duties ( I paid an extra $35 upon delivery from both FSWerks and Garageline). Again, I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to install the parts. Thanks again.

Yellow

Yellow Ball

#17 ·
I have purchased and installed 3 of their products.

*Shift Knob, must need for a better handle of the shifter. While auto-crossing I would miss gears because my hands slipped off the stock one.
*Shift Arm - Color options are great, and performs well.
*Symposer delete. I bought because of the color options. I am sure others would do fine, but because I like Breedt's quality and customization, I buy from them.

Never had a issue with missing items, or shipping.

Will do business with them again. I am hoping for their oil catch can.

#18 ·
I have purchased and installed 3 items from Breedt Product Design since i bought my ST in October 2013. Very high quality products and excellent customer service.
1) Satin Aluminum Shift Knob--fits my hand and feels much better than the stock shift knob. Only issue that I have with it is the hole for the set screw. I tried to come up with a plug for it, but I've just learned to live with it. 98/100
2) Quick Shift Arm--anodized gold--incredible shift action, the way the ST should have come from the factory. I have mine set at 40% reduction and it feels/shifts amazing. 100/100
3) Sound Symposer Delete Plate--anodized gold to match QSA--works as advertised, fits perfectly, enhances the natural spooling turbo sounds of the EcoBoost. I just wish that i hadn't dropped the cowl plug! 100/100
Any one looking for well-engineered, high-quality, American-made upgrades for their ST need look no further than Breedt Product Design. Now, if only they would get some nice, die-cut decals made-up for us loyal customers (hint, hint).

#20 ·
The quick shift arm is amazing. Can't believe i went a year without it.

If I'm tappin I'm probably lifting.

#21 ·
Ordered the quick shift arm before my ST was even built. Took delivery of the car last week and installed the quick shift arm today.
A first rate product. Everything from design, fit and finish, instructtions, and packaging is first rate. Installation went very well. Soaked the cross pin with penetrating oil for about an hour before drifting it out with the supplied drift pin. It started moving with the first tap of the hammer and came out with no struggle.

It works great. As others have stated, this is the way the shifter should come from the factory. Thank you Breedt!

#23 ·
Swung by the shop today unannounced. I was blown away at the treatment I received. I'm ashamed to say that I am horrible with names but the first guy that saw me(he was driving a forklift) acknowledged me, turned off the forklift, introduced himself, and showed me to the guy that could help me get what I came for. I was able to pick my product practically straight "off the assembly line" and received nothing short of outstanding customer service. Both products I bought today were of top quality and were promptly installed on my car. I will be back for more product.

#24 ·
Product idea. Ever thought of getting into bracing? I dont uses rear seats and it would be nice to have a brace that could bolt in the rear seat/ suspension area. even better have some gussets that would stop the spare tire cover from sliding forward when i have to slam the brakes. I've seen pictures of these in the VW communities and its an empty market right now.

#25 ·
Stickers not window clingy things!!! I can't add you guys to my sticker props on my battery box because I got sent two of the cling things! My windows are tinted, you'd never see them!!!

#28 ·
I have had the Breedt shift arm for a few months now and love it. Color pictures for install were nice and the product was top notch in quality.

I did wish it came in white, but the black works just fine nonetheless.

I've already recommended it to a few friends and one of them just bought one yesterday in fact. Hope y'all get it shipped to him by Saturday so I can help him install it Sunday night at our local meet!

#30 · (Edited)
Where is my shipment? @breedtproductdesign. I've been given 2 fedex tracking numbers for my package I ordered 5 days ago. One tracking number was just a created label and the other doesn't even exist. So far not a good experience.

Edit: I've spoken to breedt customer service rep Ashley. She has fixed the situation. I'm a happy future customer now. Thanks guys!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.