Ford Focus ST Forum banner
161 - 180 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Change of plans on my build - Alan and I are going with a g30-770 .83 so it looks like I’m gonna need one of these EWG Elbows brother - Happy to pay full price or even more than what you want to sell them for right away, for being a pain in the ass and not getting in before you ordered the other materials 😅

Let me know if it’s something you can do legend 🤙

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
962 Posts
Change of plans on my build - Alan and I are going with a g30-770 .83 so it looks like I’m gonna need one of these EWG Elbows brother - Happy to pay full price or even more than what you want to sell them for right away, for being a pain in the ass and not getting in before you ordered the other materials 😅

Dont wanna hijack the thread but you should make a post documenting your build :)

Reactions: michael_ST

·
Registered
225 Posts

No need to pay extra man! Shoot me a PM with what you want and your name on PayPal and then just send me the deposit ($200 for EWG) and I’ll get your stuff ordered as soon as I get the deposit from ya! Please send PayPal friends and family

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
1,652 Posts
Got mine installed yesterday.

Drum Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Idiophone

·
Super Moderator
1,652 Posts
Reactions: TurboGT and ddfred

·
Super Moderator
1,652 Posts
alright tell us, since you've used both elbows, do you feel the difference?
I haven't even had the car out of the garage since I installed it. Came down with COVID last Friday, so I've been working from home since then and not really going anywhere. That exhaust sound video I posted yesterday is all that it's been fired up so far since the install. I'm also still on the base tune file, so he hasn't really tweaked anything yet on timing or

Hope to get it out this afternoon or tomorrow and see how it goes, but it's not looking all that well for today. High temp is supposed to be 28 with mist/snow all day... Pretty sure it wouldn't hold 28 lbs of boost in any gear I'd feel good about trying it in.

Reactions: junits15

·
Super Moderator
2,427 Posts
I haven't even had the car out of the garage since I installed it. Came down with COVID last Friday, so I've been working from home since then and not really going anywhere. That exhaust sound video I posted yesterday is all that it's been fired up so far since the install. I'm also still on the base tune file, so he hasn't really tweaked anything yet on timing or

Hope to get it out this afternoon or tomorrow and see how it goes, but it's not looking all that well for today. High temp is supposed to be 28 with mist/snow all day... Pretty sure it wouldn't hold 28 lbs of boost in any gear I'd feel good about trying it in.
Yeah I feel that, street tuning on snow tires is tough. Warm weather can’t come soon enough.

·
Super Moderator
1,652 Posts
Yeah I feel that, street tuning on snow tires is tough. Warm weather can’t come soon enough.
Brian told me to just hang tight until the weather got warmer as he was concerned I'd wreck it eventually if I kept trying to get 3rd gear logs on the snow tires. Really hoping the extra 40 mm of tread on the front plus stickier compound will help it get all the power to the ground in 3rd without any wheelspin. May get interesting once I start spraying WMI, though... It'll probably go up to the 370 hp or so level at that point. You guys think it'll keep traction in 3rd with Indy 500's on it at that power level?

·
Super Moderator
2,427 Posts
Brian told me to just hang tight until the weather got warmer as he was concerned I'd wreck it eventually if I kept trying to get 3rd gear logs on the snow tires. Really hoping the extra 40 mm of tread on the front plus stickier compound will help it get all the power to the ground in 3rd without any wheelspin. May get interesting once I start spraying WMI, though... It'll probably go up to the 370 hp or so level at that point. You guys think it'll keep traction in 3rd with Indy 500's on it at that power level?
Do you have an LSD or open diff? If you get a nice flat dry stretch of road oh a hot day I would think you should be fine.

You may get the one wheel peel, but its hard to guess

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts
Do you have an LSD or open diff? If you get a nice flat dry stretch of road oh a hot day I would think you should be fine.

Maybe I'm just odd, but I only get one wheel spin when accelerating hard out of corners; on flat road both tires let loose (and in my driveway). With the parking brake applied it will roast the fronts.

·
Super Moderator
1,652 Posts

Still have the stock diff in it... Wish I had an LSD in the car, but haven't cracked open the trans yet. Maybe someday... I figure whenever the clutch goes I'll just get a built trans with an LSD and better clutch and drop it in. It will cost me a pretty penny, I'm sure, but I won't have to worry about it any more at that point.

I'm not sure which tire(s) it is spinning around 60 mph when it breaks loose on the road. Too busy looking forward and not in my rear-view to look for black marks. ;) Trying to not leave any brown marks if things get ugly. ;)

161 - 180 of 193 Posts