Ford Focus ST Forum banner
141 - 160 of 193 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
For some reason it will not let me reply to your private message. Saying I haven’t met the minimum account requirements lol….
You should be fine now, the limit is 10 posts and under.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Okay so I’ve had a few messages about EWG people with all that’s been going on I haven’t written everything down in my notebook so please anyone that’s sent a deposit for an EWG or you’re interested in one please message me this week I’m placing an order for more materials I don’t want to have to order twice I wanna bang through these and get them out!

also I believe friends and family on PayPal is still a safe bet, if not I’ll find out at the end of the year and it is what it is at that point. But it’s still the easiest way for everyone so shoot me those messages let’s get rolling on the EWG!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Okay so I’ve had a few messages about EWG people with all that’s been going on I haven’t written everything down in my notebook so please anyone that’s sent a deposit for an EWG or you’re interested in one please message me this week I’m placing an order for more materials I don’t want to have to order twice I wanna bang through these and get them out!

also I believe friends and family on PayPal is still a safe bet, if not I’ll find out at the end of the year and it is what it is at that point. But it’s still the easiest way for everyone so shoot me those messages let’s get rolling on the EWG!
What's your email to put a deposit for one? For some reason won't let me respond to your message

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
1,652 Posts
Got my elbow in-hand last night and it looks great. At the moment I'm planning on putting it on this weekend and also throwing the gusseted traction bar back on it. It's having tons of traction issues, and I can't even get a datalog right now in 3rd since it starts spinning around 60 mph every time... Hoping the traction bar helps that a bit.

·
Super Moderator
1,652 Posts
Who else has installed theirs yet besides TurboGT? Did you see any difference in spool time or anything else that changed? My main goals in installation are to reduce turbulence between the head and turbo and hopefully alleviate the possibility of the head cracking, so any benefits besides those are just icing on the cake.

·
Super Moderator
2,427 Posts
Who else has installed theirs yet besides TurboGT? Did you see any difference in spool time or anything else that changed? My main goals in installation are to reduce turbulence between the head and turbo and hopefully alleviate the possibility of the head cracking, so any benefits besides those are just icing on the cake.
I’ve had one of these going for 3 months now.
Granted mine isn’t the exact same one these guys are running.
My spool time is the same but I flow a lot more air up top which has translated into a much better breathing engine and more power.

you won’t regret it

·
Super Moderator
1,652 Posts
I’ve had one of these going for 3 months now.
Granted mine isn’t the exact same one these guys are running.
My spool time is the same but I flow a lot more air up top which has translated into a much better breathing engine and more power.

you won’t regret it
Are you using aux fuel on your car, though? I'm only using a 500 cc hit of WMI, so I'm pretty limited on fueling. I don't want to run it to 100% duty cycle on the HPFP, either, so I'll likely leave a little bit of power on the table anyway.

·
Super Moderator
2,427 Posts
Are you using aux fuel on your car, though? I'm only using a 500 cc hit of WMI, so I'm pretty limited on fueling. I don't want to run it to 100% duty cycle on the HPFP, either, so I'll likely leave a little bit of power on the table anyway.
I’m running mountune injectors, I have 15% available headroom in the upper RPMs but I am octane limited.

The HPFP is maxing out around 3k but that is also true on stock turbo tunes

·
Super Moderator
1,652 Posts
I’m running mountune injectors, I have 15% available headroom in the upper RPMs but I am octane limited.

Oh... so it maxes out in the lower-mid range, but does OK up on top? Weird... Although, I guess that makes sense now that I think about it since it's building good boost at that point, but the HPFP, being run off a cam lobe, isn't spinning nearly as fast then as it is at 6k...

·
Super Moderator
2,427 Posts
Oh... so it maxes out in the lower-mid range, but does OK up on top? Weird... Although, I guess that makes sense now that I think about it since it's building good boost at that point, but the HPFP, being run off a cam lobe, isn't spinning nearly as fast then as it is at 6k...
I also plan to do meth at some point, just have to save up the cash.
Trying to slow down my car spending to open up some money for other things lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,652 Posts
I'm pretty much towards the end of my list for car updates (I think) on the stock motor... other than maybe an exhaust someday. Of course, if I break something (clutch/trans/motor), that'll need to be replaced. Maybe a 2.3 stroker and LSD-equipped trans with a better clutch someday...

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
583 Posts

Even with the Powermax it is very close to maxing out around 3k. The tune has to limit the boost in that area. I have a 7psi wastegate spring, it open very fast when it get the signal from the solenoid. You hear the engine like it has a rev limiter when the wastegate is opening and closing to keep the boost down until the rpm reach a level high enough for the pump to sustain fuel demand.

141 - 160 of 193 Posts