Ford Focus ST Forum banner
381 - 400 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Guys, don't sweat it if he doesn't get back with you immediately, or even 24 to 48 hours... He's been good to go thus far and I have a ton of faith in him that he'll continue to do his best to get these out to folks as quickly as he can. He's got a full time job and a family, so he's doing these in what little spare time he has between his other responsibilities.

The LAST thing we want to do is burn this poor guy out because then everybody loses.
man this hit me in the feels I cannot thank you all enough for the kind words and positive feed back on my work, the data posted recently speaks for itself! I’ve spent a long time doing what I do and I’m so happy that all of you love these elbows when you get them so thank you for all the appreciation I’m doing my best!

·
Registered
280 Posts
UPDATE!

I am out of town currently had to take a few days with my lady and kids we desperately needed some time away with how busy we all are. I will be back home and working Wednesday Ishould have the next round of flanges at the house when I return home for those recently reaching out to place orders I’d you can’t message me just post and tag me in it and I’ll message you as soon as I see it thank you all for the ongoing support!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
1,919 Posts
UPDATE!

I am out of town currently had to take a few days with my lady and kids we desperately needed some time away with how busy we all are. I will be back home and working Wednesday Ishould have the next round of flanges at the house when I return home for those recently reaching out to place orders I’d you can’t message me just post and tag me in it and I’ll message you as soon as I see it thank you all for the ongoing support!
Enjoy your time off and don't think about flanges or welding while you're out. Get the wife a bottle of wine, put the kids to bed, and you two go "watch a movie"....

That's what we tell our kids, anyway... Mom and dad are having a "date in" and are watching a movie. 😉

Reactions: michael_ST

·
Registered
280 Posts
Enjoy your time off and don't think about flanges or welding while you're out. Get the wife a bottle of wine, put the kids to bed, and you two go "watch a movie"....

That's what we tell our kids, anyway... Mom and dad are having a "date in" and are watching a movie. 😉
Yea last night we were “star gazing” in the hot tub on the back deck so it was bed time for the kids 🤣

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hey everyone we’re back home, trying to write down in my book all the or orders I got over the weekend had a bunch of packages arrive with materials for you guys the only thing I’m waiting on is the $2K worth of 4 bolt flanges I ordered on the 25th of march to start building again I still cannot believe how expensive those flanges are now. They’ve gone up on price twice since I started making these. Anyways I did get stuff in to make the first dump tube/screamer pipe I’m gonna start on that here in a few hours or tomorrow when I wake up

·
Registered
176 Posts
Guys, don't sweat it if he doesn't get back with you immediately, or even 24 to 48 hours... He's been good to go thus far and I have a ton of faith in him that he'll continue to do his best to get these out to folks as quickly as he can. He's got a full time job and a family, so he's doing these in what little spare time he has between his other responsibilities.

The LAST thing we want to do is burn this poor guy out because then everybody loses.
Facts. @michael_ST is legit for sure.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
1,919 Posts
Just an FYI on the tuning process... I had to have Brian @ JST back down the wgdc even more as I was still having spikes over 28 psi with the WGDC at 65.3% with this elbow, so he sent me a new tune file yesterday to try. Basically, I'm having him dial back the WGDC in the lower/mid and opening it up in the upper rpms since the boost is tapering to a little less than 23 psi at 6600 rpm. Thanks to the thin air, I'm not hitting peak boost until about 4500 rpm, but at least that's out of the LSPI territory. We'll see how this new map does, but previous ones have had me to 15 psi by 3600 rpm and 20 psi by 3950 rpm. Just from the drive this morning and watching the AP, it appears the WGDC is moving around a lot more than it was.

As far as airflow mass goes, it's flowing as much at 4200 rpm with the 2867 and this elbow as it was with the stock turbo (and having its WGA tightened up) at 6500 rpm. At 6600 rpm with the previous log's 65.31% wgdc setting, it was flowing 34.87 lb/min at 6635 rpm. Unfortunately, I don't have the air density correction factor on the old log, though, but I've added it to the list of parameters to save on any new logs. Hope to get a log on the way home today (despite the high .8XX air density) and see how it's flowing. I'm at 5200' in elevation, after all, so the air is really THIN here.

• Love
Reactions: junits15
381 - 400 of 413 Posts