Ford Focus ST Forum banner
361 - 380 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,107 Posts
alright everyone, picture-heavy post.

I had just recently changed the fire ring on the gtx2867r, I didnt even put 100 miles so taking the turbo and lines off was not an option.
I decided to change the elbow while the turbo is in the car.

I ran a power line to my amp which was making contact with the wastegate, glad I found it before it would have damaged more or worse. You can see the black residue on the wastegate.
right click on image and open in new window for higher resolution.
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Electrical wiring Gas
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Bumper Vehicle

As you can see I had a nice thermal zero blanket for the ATP elbow, I wont be able to use it :( not that it wont fit, its the issue with access from top and coolant lines etc.
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part Automotive wheel system
Auto part Metal Nickel Titanium Rim
Wood Metal Auto part Font Art
Nickel Gas Metal Machine Automotive lighting

You can access the V-Band clamp from top. As you can see there is a significant differnce in weight! Hopefully I put it back together today and get some logs to Alan.

·
Registered
280 Posts
@michael_ST After ordering, how long might it take for the elbow to arrive?

I am in no way rushing you. I'm just curious to know how long it takes to put it all together. I know nothing about welding (though, I know how to solder electronics and am guessing it's a similar concept albeit on a more macro scale).

Also, I believe this has already been answered (might've even be me who asked): The turbo blanket for ATP ST elbows will still fit, yeah? Don't want to buy it if it won't fit and/or I just need to make something custom for it (if it's even needed).
Sending pm

·
Registered
280 Posts
Could someone do me a favor and get me a picture of where the wastegate dump tube exits the bottom of the car? I’m wanting to do a little something something on the bottom of the dump tube but I wanna make sure I do it so there’s nothing in the way if that makes sense at all

·
Registered
225 Posts
Could someone do me a favor and get me a picture of where the wastegate dump tube exits the bottom of the car? I’m wanting to do a little something something on the bottom of the dump tube but I wanna make sure I do it so there’s nothing in the way if that makes sense at all
exits between the rear motor mount bracket and the hot side charge pipe. tight squeeze. i'll get the car up in the air this evening and get a pic for ya.

·
Registered
225 Posts
as promised. and this is the 3p screamer pipe btw.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Tire

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey @michael_ST I’ve asked people about this last year, all that was available would’ve been the CP-e one but been kinda out of the FoST community for a min. I’m interested in an EWG Headifold from you. I’m also from Cali with Brian lmao
He’s one of the people who got me here. Along with like 3 more of your customers.

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,107 Posts
The new elbow is on the car, anyone upgrading I have a few tips for you.

You can install this without removing the turbo or any lines. That was my main concern. Loosing fluids.

Make sure you remove the studs on the head, they are long and once you have the vband clamp on you wont have enough leeway to put the elbow back.

Its tricky but you can access the Vband while the turbo rests on the DP. ( I have solid DP mounts from whoosh)

The weight difference is crazy between the 2 elbows.

Auto part Metal Automotive exhaust Cylinder Titanium
Gas Metal Fashion accessory Auto part Titanium

·
Registered
280 Posts
@michael_ST i am interested in the EWG elbow.. i was unable to send you a pm and i know because i didnt reach the minimum posts.. but can you please let me know your paypal address and how much exactly needs to be sent? is it the 450 or a downpayment first and then the rest before shipping?

thank you
Sorry man I’m out of town with family for a few days I’ll send you a PM right now

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
1,919 Posts
Guys, don't sweat it if he doesn't get back with you immediately, or even 24 to 48 hours... He's been good to go thus far and I have a ton of faith in him that he'll continue to do his best to get these out to folks as quickly as he can. He's got a full time job and a family, so he's doing these in what little spare time he has between his other responsibilities.

The LAST thing we want to do is burn this poor guy out because then everybody loses.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I went to have the turbo elbow CeraKoted and when I went to pick it up the owner noticed a small lip on Turbo side flange. He suggested I smooth it out and he would repaint it for free. I did some work last night porting the flange and I think it looks pretty good. What are y’all think?

Attachments

361 - 380 of 413 Posts