Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Custom tune

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  GunnyPyle 
#1 ·
So im going to get a custom tune from either strat or freek. I have not purchased the access port yet.

My question is if I'm going with a custom tune should I just buy a basic Cobb access port and then a custom tune or purchase a access port with it's tunes from say strat. Is the extra 50$ worth it for the it's ots tune?

#3 · (Edited)
Go for the accesport+custom tune package. An OTS tune from lets say cobb is not good for your car. Its more than worth it for a custom tune.

#4 ·
If you can get E85 go for a E30/93 custom tune. Good bump in HP but man the torque! You’ll get 80 to 100 more foot pounds more and should be sitting 260/270 WHP and 350/370 torque. I went Freektune E30 and 93 Custom tunes last October and have used 93 only twice sense. I log 120 miles a day, five and six days a week. You’ll be hooked on E30. Stratified is fine I’m sure if not a little high with all the A-La-Carte options.

#5 · (Edited)
I can't get e30 here as far I know with driving over an hour.

But my question which I may not have expressed well is.

Is it worth it to purchase the strat 600$ access port with thier custom ots tune if I'm just going to with a custom tune. Rather then the 550$ Cobb and then purchase a custom tune.

I think oratic answered it 50$ isn't alot of savings but thought I'd ask

I am learning toward freek since it seems there torque is a bit better from the maps I have seen

#6 ·
guess it would be the same either way. $550 from a different vendor and $200 say for the Stratified tuning or $600 from stratified and $200 tune less the $50 credit. If you can get the AP threw the tuner that you choose to go with I’d go that route. I buy lawn equipment from the local dealer. I feel he’s going to be more inclined to help me with parts and service in the future. That’s the logic I’d employ.

Reactions: Duece McCracken
#7 ·
I agree 100% I emailed freek tune and strat.

Strats website is great to navigate and emailed be back within a couple days.

Freek....the website is kind of chaos so I emailed them today to see what's what.

Thanks for the quick answers.

#8 ·
If you’re already leaning toward Freektune, go with them.

Justin tuned my car and I’ve been extremely happy with the performance he’s pulled out of the car while maintaining daily drivability.

They may not have the best laid out website but once you start the tuning process, you’ll not be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.